August 2013 Moms
Options

Bella Baby Photography

Not sure if any of you have heard of this but my hospital offers Bella Baby photography. I'm trying to decide what to do...I was going to have the photographer who took our maternity pics come to our house within a few days of birth to do the newborn pics. I found some awesome examples of photos of newborns with golden retrievers and I'd love to try and do something like that with our golden. 

However, on our hospital tour they old us about Bella Baby and wouldn't you know...one of the photographs I pinned to my pinterest board last year was from Bella Baby.

My original question was going to be does anyone know what the average package price is? But my SIL who is a NICU nurse just text me and said they use it at her hospital and they do the shoot for free she thinks so just let them take the pictures and then decide. So my new question is...has anyone ever used Bella Baby and if so, did you like them? Can you buy just one or two pictures? (My SIL didn't know the answer to that part) My hospital wouldn't give us pricing info at the tour. They just said we'll get all that info when we deliver. 

https://www.bellababyphotography.com/

The picture on the left of mom blurred out and dad up front melts my heart and that's the photo I pinned on pinterest hahah 

Re: Bella Baby Photography

• Options

Bella Baby can be amazing. Seriously. There is no session fee, so you can have them take the photos and you aren't out anything if you don't purchase any.

However, it really depends on a) the actual photographer and b) how you are feeling when they are taken.

Typically, when you get to your room after you deliver, the photog will come around and see if you are interested. Make sure that, if you decide to have them done, that you and DH figure out what you need and what your budget is in advance. (They should give you a price list if you ask. I haven't seen it in a few months, but they pretty much only do standard packages.) There is nothing worse then being exhausted, hormonal, and staring at photos of your new baby and not knowing what you need in advance. (There is a reason their average sale is over $400.)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    Oh wow. Thank you for the info! So they don't usually let you buy just a few pictures? And...I see on my hospital's page that the pictures are up online for two weeks for family members to buy...So if I decline in the hospital and then change my mind a week later I can go on and order, right? Sorry for all of the questions I just want to try and be prepared but that's hard when they won't let you see pricing until you've had your baby haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamandamays88:
    Oh wow. Thank you for the info! So they don't usually let you buy just a few pictures? And...I see on my hospital's page that the pictures are up online for two weeks for family members to buy...So if I decline in the hospital and then change my mind a week later I can go on and order, right? Sorry for all of the questions I just want to try and be prepared but that's hard when they won't let you see pricing until you've had your baby haha.

I work on the other side of hospital photography (remembrance photography), so while I have seen what they offer I know that it varies a little by hospital. Typically, they will give you an access code and you can log online and order later. I think their smallest package was around $35. I don't remember it having individual prints, though. If you contact your L&D coordinator/registration person, they can probably email you a price list in advance.

My other tip is, if you plan to do photos you have to remember to pack a bag for it when you go to the hospital. You and SO should both have white or black shirts (preferably long sleeved) and any baby blankets, momentos, or jewelry that you would like included. (As a newborn photog, the more requested shot I have is the parent's rings on baby's toes. Of course, you need to bring those to the hospital in order to do that type of shot. I typically do not take my jewelry to the hospital when I go, so that is something I would have to add to my list.)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    suv75suv75 member
    I used them for my first son. We paid 135 for a CD of around 20 or so pics.
  • Options

imagesuv75:
    I used them for my first son. We paid 135 for a CD of around 20 or so pics.

My hospital uses Bella Baby too.  I asked a friend who also delivered there and she said she paid about $150 for a disc, but I'm not sure how many photos they received.  

I looked into newborn pics with a private photographer and just can't afford it.  I'm really hoping I love the Bella Baby pics!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    suv75suv75 member
    I loved the pics
  • Options
    My hospital doesn't use Bella Baby but they do have a similar company. The session is free but they charge for the pics. I checked out their prices online and they are insanely high! I'm not sure if I will get any of them or not. I do plan to have our photog come over and do photos at home though.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry I am late getting back to you guys. Thanks for all of the information. I think I'm also leaning towards just doing the professional pics at home but we'll see.
  • Options
    I used Bella baby at the hospital and the pictures were beautiful! A few weeks before delivery I emailed Bella baby photography and they were able to email me a price list for my hospital. I purchased the digital images for about $165 so I can print them myself. There is no harm in getting them taken because then they will email you the link and you can decide if you want to purchase any. There's no pressure! We love our photos and are so happy we were able to get some when our son was only 2 days old.
  • Options
    Some of my clients have done both the Baby Bella in hospital and hired me for newborn photography. (I live in the San Francisco area.) They said the disc was $150 for 10 images, I think. They liked the images but LOVED the ones I did. They mostly liked the images because it was the very tiniest images they had of the baby but said they were nothing compared to my portraits. If you can afford the in home session, I highly recommend it but if price is too big a concern you can benefit from a good baby bella photo session (again it depends on the photographer you get, which you cannot choose with a big business like that).

www.venusgirlphotography.com

You would never get this in the hospital, but you could get a few gems.

You can't advertise on this site. Reported

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We did the CD for $135 for the images. Then just printed from Walmart cheap. What I didn't like was that they do no more than 20 photos to the cd, even if they take 50. And THEY choose the pictures instead if letting us pick which photos we liked and wanted. But we did the blurred mom and it turned out amazing! Over all it is expensive, especially if you buy individually, but worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    We declined pictures at the hospital because the price is so outrageous and we had a session with our photographer coming up
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Our hospital used Mom365...the pics were amazing....the price...not so much

• Options
    I bought one picture but three pages.  You choose the pictures you want and sizes and package.  we got an 8x10 for us and two sheets of 3x5 for family and it was around $50 I think
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"