June 2013 Moms
Options

dressing baby for bed

I don't know why but dressing my LO for bedtime is so confusing for me. Im never sure if im dressing her to warmly or if she's going to be to cold. I was dressing her in a onesie and then putting her in a sleep pod but she doesn't seem to like the sleep pod and grunts all night trying to get her hands out.

I was going to try to have her in a sleep gown tonight. I keep my house at 72 degrees.

should I put a onesie under the sleep gown?

I know they say you should put them in one layer more then you but i sleep in a t-shirt and underwear with a sheet that I toss on and off all night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: dressing baby for bed

• Options
    I have a hot baby. He is uauly in a diaper wrapped in a blankey.
  • Options
    A onesie AND a gown in a 72 degree house is too many layers and she wull get too hot. My house is 78 rught now due to it being in the 100s outside and i had to undress her to keep her bidy temp at a normal temp. For 72 i would do a onesie with a light blanket over her bottom half or a thin gown. If you stay confused, do trial and error and take her temp at night while sleeping with each different outfit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We keep our house at 70-74 and S sleeps in just a gown, most nights with socks on and some nights I will throw one of the a+a blankets on him or sometimes swaddle if he's extra cranky but most times I just wrap it really tight under his armpits because he likes his arms free.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Excuse the mistypes mobile bumping. My LO also sleeps in a RnP i should mention

imageimage
  • Options
    We keep our house 72-74 and DD is in a short sleeve onesie and swaddled in a light flannel blanket. She's in her crib and her room is one of the cooler ones in the house.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually start with just a onesie. I figure that I can always put her in a sleeper or wrap her in a blanket if she's cold when we wake up for the first motn feeding.

We keep the room 7678 with 2 ceiling fans going.
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • Options
    Jack is like a little heater! If we put him in a sleeper, plus swaddle him, we can't even put another blanket on. I like to prop him on his side, because he's comfy that way, so I put him in a onesie, then swaddle, then blanket on top. We keep it around 70 here thanks to my hormones and it being Georgia.
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

imagesctiger52408:
    I think that sounds too hot. My LO sleeps in a onesie and a Swaddle Me blanket and we keep the house a little cooler than you do.

Same here.  We keep the a/c at 74 at night, but DD's room gets cool (the a/c vent is over the foot of her crib), so we do a long-sleeve onesie or side-snap shirt and a SwaddleMe. 

• Options

Ive had to do a lot of trial an error. Now that she is sleeping in her crib, I am dressing her warmer bc the vent blows very cold on her. We keep it 74-75 at night with a fan going. 

When the ac is running her poor little hands/arms get cold in just a onsie and AA blanket. Last night I had her in a sleeper gown plus AA blanket. She was warm when the AC wasn't actively running but perfect when it was. We will keep playing with it. GL and just keep trying different outfits 

image image

• Options
    We keep our house at 73 degrees at night because the upstairs is much hotter than the rest of the house. LO is in her onesie and swaddler and seems to do ok.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We keep our house at 72 as well, and have a ceiling fan going in our bedroom.  LO wears either footed PJs or a long sleeved onsie with a sleep sack, depending on what's clean.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    skioskio member
    We keep the house at about 72 at night, too. I'm in capris and a t shirt and sleep with just a sheet on. DD is in a l/a onesie, halo swaddle sack, and a light receiving blanket over her. She's comfy.

Feel baby's head for sweat and arms for coldness. If arms are warm [hands will usually be a little chilly because their circulation is still not great] and they're not sweating, they're good.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageclizh:
    We keep our house at 7074 and S sleeps in just a gown, most nights with socks on and some nights I will throw one of the aa blankets on him or sometimes swaddle if he's extra cranky but most times I just wrap it really tight under his armpits because he likes his arms free.

This

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

imageskip:
    Feel baby's head for sweat and arms for coldness. If arms are warm [hands will usually be a little chilly because their circulation is still not great] and they're not sweating, they're good.

This is good to know. I was worried my DD  felt too hot last night but she wasn't sweating so I now I think I finally hit the right combo of clothing. 

GL OP. Trial and error for sure! 

image image

• Options
    Honestly, Lily sweats so bad in her sleep that we leave her in a diaper.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure of the temperature of our bedroom but we have a/c plus two fans. I sleep in a t shirt and shorts plus a comforter. We put Penelope in a footed sleeper and a sleep sack. Her hands are usually cold but she has never been sweaty. Hopefully she's not too cold.
  • Options
    Our house is a little cooler (generally 68-70... We are in west-central Alberta and in the mountains, no great summer weather here!) LO sleeps in her crib usually wearing a footed sleeper and swaddled in a muslin AA blanket under the arms (she always breaks them free anyways).  When the heat wave hit here a couple weeks ago the house was about 77-78 at night.  She slept in just a diaper since any more clothing and she was just too hot.
    div style="text-align: center;">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"