Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Piñata tips?

Anyone used a pi?ata with 4 yr olds?

We won't have anything to tie it onto unfortunately....can I tie it to a broom handle and have mh hold it? We have a plastic kids baseball bat, I am hoping it will work ok...

Good place to buy one? I would prefer not a cartoon character, I feel like I have seen those around...

for fillers, I am thinking some random oriental trading stuff and small candy/treat things...and they can fill a goody bag as their favor?

any other tips? 

Re: Piñata tips?

• Options
    DD just went to a party where the pi?ata had pull strings rather than hitting it.  They didn't have a way to hang it so the dad and another adult held the ropes to hold it up.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    I think you don't like your husband very much lol.

LOL.Well now that you say that I just remembered a niece or nephew party around age 3 or 4 that involved a pinata on a stick and my BIL getting whacked pretty good... 

SO hmmm what can I rig? We'll be in a park pavilion and htere are no beams or anything to tie to... but I really want to have a pinata lol.  (side note I was thinking we would not blindfold b/c they're only 4 and that would take foreverrrrrrr)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jc&catjc&cat member

imagefredalina:
    I think you don't like your husband very much lol.

haha. my thoughts exactly. Agree with the pp that there are some with strings that make the pinata use all the more smooth! As far as making one with your own stuffing, that is above my craft level!

• Options

What about having a stringed pinata over a tree branch?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelawry13:
    DD just went to a party where the pi?ata had pull strings rather than hitting it.  They didn't have a way to hang it so the dad and another adult held the ropes to hold it up.  

This!  It's so much easier with younger kids.  My 2 year old was traumatized when kids started hitting the pinata with a bat at a party we went to last summer.

• Options
    My real feelings? I would skip it with four year olds!!! Someone is BOUND to get hurt, either from the whacking part or the dive for candy, and someone else is bound to be upset about breaking the pinata/not want it wrecked, and someone else is going to be upset that they didn't get the same/as much candy as the next person.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageNicoleWI:
    My real feelings? I would skip it with four year olds!!! Someone is BOUND to get hurt, either from the whacking part or the dive for candy, and someone else is bound to be upset about breaking the pinata/not want it wrecked, and someone else is going to be upset that they didn't get the same/as much candy as the next person.

Nah..I think a tree is good or doing it on the grass so they're not diving on cement & I am happy to set ground rules about how much kids can pick up & there will be parents there for all the kids so they don't beat each other up anyway lol. Very few kids will be older than 4 and I will ask them to hold back & let the little ones go first (at niece/nephew parties w/ like 8 kids the older ones were always respectful of that)

As for stuffing your own pinata---- don't they all come empty? I am pretty sure there is a hole in teh bottom & you just put whatever you want in and seal it up, nothing crafty about it (cuz I'm seriously not crafty).

I will look int the string thing for sure. THanks!

• Options

We have been to a lot of parties lately (3 and 4 year olds) that have had pi?atas.  They go over great!  I think I would rig something up to hang it from though!  Those kids hit hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"