May 2013 Moms
Options

Introducing a bottle

I don't post on here often but I have a question and can't find any answers online. My LO is 6 weeks this Thursday. She is only breastfed and we just introduced a bottle. She took it but seems to struggle with it. The first one was born free and the flow overwhelmed her. Then I tried a new one called The Boob. The nipple seemed to long and she couldn't latch on to it. Also tried Avent. That flow seemed to fast as well. We just tried Dr Browns and she seemed to do the best with that bottle but still struggled a little. Is that normal? Does it take time for them to learn how to use a bottle? What position are they in when you feed them? These are all the slowest flow nipples you can buy, just FYI.

Any help would be great.
Thank u!

Re: Introducing a bottle

• Options

It's going to take a little while for them to learn it. Stick with whichever bottle seemed to work the best and give it some time. It took my DD#1 some time to learn it but she got it. DD#2 is currently struggling as well but today was only day 2.

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow, that is a lot of different bottles, especially if you just started with bottles. Did you try each for one feeding? It could take time for your baby to adjust, and constantly switching up bottles could be kind of extra confusing to the baby. Pick one and use it consistently, and give your baby a chance to get used to it. Probably at least a week on one bottle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"