STM's with preemies as first — The Bump
Preemies

STM's with preemies as first

I dont post much, but I have have been following this board since my DS was born 30.5 in May 2011 from unexplained PTL. I am currently 20 weeks PG with 2 and the farther along I get the more nervous I become. My doctor is monitoring me very closely with biweekly visits and cervical checks and I am also receiving Makena injections. Thankfully so far everything has been fine but I'm still so anxious all of the time. I have run and/or called the OB anytime I think I have felt anything remotely abnormal.
Sorry for all of the rambling but what I am trying to ask are these feelings common? Does anyone have success stories to share? Thanks!

Re: STM's with preemies as first

• With my first pregnancy, water pPROMed at 23w5d and DS was born at exactly 26 weeks. With baby #2, I was on the same things you are: bimonthly cervical checks, Makena from 16-36 weeks. My cervix started to shorten at 21 weeks and I was even hospitalized at 21w5d for funneling and cervix shortening. I was given Indocin to control the funneling and MFM called it an irritable uterus. By 28 weeks, my cervix was .8cm, but I was on SBR and carried DD until 39w4d when I actually had to be induced.

Of course your feelings are completely valid and I did the same exact things. I had no signs of PTL when my water ruptured with DS. I was a total wreck the whole time I was on SBR. I was given steroid shots at 24 weeks and I prepared myself for another preemie. I didn't really start relaxing until about 32 weeks when I saw that there might be a chance that I could actually carry to term with her. I would highly suggest our Pregnant After a Preemie Weekly Check In. Ladies are very supportive and it actually made time seem to go faster for me cause I couldn't wait to see how everyone was doing and share how things were going for me as well. It is posted on this board every Thursday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not officially a STM until later this morning (I have a c section in a few hours), but my first LO came at 29 w, 6d due to PPROM and a placental abruption. This time around, I had bi weekly cervical checks, a million ultrasounds, Makena injections from 16-36 weeks, etc. I ended up with a way less complicated and healthier pregnancy (I.e. no emergency L and D trips for bleeding) and am officially FULL TERM today! I shocked even my doctors, who assumed I would go into labor between 37 and 38 weeks! 

There is definitely a chance of a full term pregnancy after preemie and you are doing everything you can to give yourself the best chance! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards