Baby Names

Sister name for Clara

Hi There!

My daughter's name is Clara Belle and we are expecting another girl in November. My #1 name choice is Elanor Kate. My husband, however, isn't convinced.

I'm trying to make a list of other ideas and have come up with:

Charlotte
Gemma
Isla
Violet

(I'll have to cross the middle name bridge when I get there)

I've lurked here on and off for years and have always liked the style of most of the ladies who give suggestions ? any ideas??

Thanks! 

xo, Heather

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sister name for Clara

• My friend has twins named Clara and Audrey. I thought that was a pretty combo.

• I like Eleanor Kate, but Elanor just looks bizarre to me. Are you going to pronounce it eh-lah-NOR? That's how it reads.

I like your other names and think they go well with Clara.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Elsie
    Elsa
    Elyse
    Ava
    Nora
    Jenna
    Lilah
  • I like Isla and Gemma. Other suggestions- Viola, Alice, Melanie, Shelby, Sabrina, Tabitha, Fiona, Moira, Daphne, Rose, Bridget, Selah, Bethany, Elise, Gloria
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I really like Eleanor (this spelling) but I took it off of my list because I didn't want an "Ellie".  If that is not a concern for you-- that would be my pick

What about

Scarlett

Vera

Amelia

Natalie

Evelyn

Vivian

Maren

Laurel

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• imagedoublefiesta:

I like Eleanor Kate, but Elanor just looks bizarre to me. Are you going to pronounce it eh-lah-NOR? That's how it reads.

I like your other names and think they go well with Clara.

I know Elanor isn't the traditional spelling (which normally isn't my style. I like to keep it simple) however it is a nerdy reference to Lord of the Rings ;)

Elanor is the sun-star and golden flower of Lothlorien. I'd get into it further but the more I type the nerdier I seem.

Anyway I've loved the meaning and reference for a long time. It's pronounced the  same as Eleanor/Elinor.

xo, Heather

• imageHelenahhandbasket:

I really like Eleanor (this spelling) but I took it off of my list because I didn't want an "Ellie".  If that is not a concern for you-- that would be my pick

What about

Scarlett

Vera

Amelia

Natalie

Evelyn

Vivian

Maren

Laurel

I actually love the "Ellie!" And it was something my husband had liked last time around. Vera, Evelyn, and Laurel are great. Thanks!

xo, Heather

• I love the name Clara!  I think the choices you have listed are great. They are nice names, and go will with Clara. I like Gemma the best! I love that name.

Some other suggestions: Lucy, Grace, Lily, Emily, Rose/Rosie, Hannah, Sophia, Elise

• I strongly dislike your spelling of Eleanor and I hate the nn Ellie, so I'm not a fan.  I really like Violet though.

ETA: Suggestions:

Ada, Adele, Athena, Camille, Corinne, Cecily, Diana, Eliza, Felicity, Georgia, Helen, Irene, Iris, Jane, Juliet, Leonora, Lucille, Maura, Nadia, Pearl, Victoria 

• I really like Eleanor Kate and also Charlotte! :-)

Really really do not like Gemma - it sounds like a call-name to me like "Cherry" or "Dreama" (I met a girl once named Dreama/Dreema - that was her given name ...it was awful)

PitaPata Dog tickers

• imageprovwife:
    Elsie Elsa Elyse Ava Nora Jenna Lilah

Love love Nora. I was thinking it could also be a nn for Elanor? Not sure how I feel about ClaRA and NoRA together but maybe I'm overthinking it (our last name begins with RA also lol) 

xo, Heather

• Laura, Grace, Julia, Lena, Stella, Ida, Diana, Sabrina.  I don't mind Elanor/Eleanor but I'd do anything to avoid another Ellie/Ella in this world. I know way too many already. Go for something less common IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend has girls named Clara and Evelyn.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I like Isla or Gemma. I just like the flow of 2 names ending in A, so anything in that route would be pretty. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just love the name Clara so much....

I like Isla from your choices.

I also like Elsie/Elsa.

• I love Isla and Gemma.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"