C-sections

we have our csection date!!!

Repeat csection is scheduled for August 1st!  I am so excited and ready to meet these babies.  We are having two more boys and this will be IT!  I am getting a BTL while there to make sure of it. I am on Procardia for PTL, so I am sure the babies will stay put until then :)

Any advice for having a RCS?  My first was in the middle of the night after a failed induction and 30 hours of labor so a lot of the details are fuzzy.  

imageimage

Re: we have our csection date!!!

• No advice on an RCS (I'm having mine 2 weeks after you), but congrats and good luck!
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A scheduled one is much more relaxed. Get to the hospital 2 hours ahead of time, hang out in triage and then waddle back to the OR. The "worst" part for me was getting the spinal because I was in shock the first time and it was easier. The second time I was worried I wouldn't tell them the correct thing and I would feel it. It took them a minute instead of 30 seconds to get it in. There was lots of chatting and laughter while prepping.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • The planned ones are much easier! My first was an emergency and it was too rushed for me to process anything! My next one was planned and much more laid back. I couldn't eat or drink anything including water after 9pm the night before. We arrived at the hospital at 7am, we were scheduled to be the first surgery of the day but due to emergencies that came in, we we're pushed to around 12noon. The calmly took us back, the doctors were relaxed and pleasant, music was playing and they carried on conversations about weekend plans. It was much easier recovery for me too! Goodluck!
  • imageMissJenna2011:
    The planned ones are much easier! My first was an emergency and it was too rushed for me to process anything! My next one was planned and much more laid back. I couldn't eat or drink anything including water after 9pm the night before. We arrived at the hospital at 7am, we were scheduled to be the first surgery of the day but due to emergencies that came in, we we're pushed to around 12noon. The calmly took us back, the doctors were relaxed and pleasant, music was playing and they carried on conversations about weekend plans. It was much easier recovery for me too! Goodluck!

Thank you! This makes me feel even better. My fear is getting bumped but.hopefully if that happens it won't be a whole day. I am carrying two big babies at about 6 each at 34 weeks and my 5'2 frame has just about had it! So glad to have an end in sight!

imageimage

• Sounds a lot like me.  Had a c-section with my first after failed induction (and DS's heart rate dropping)  Just scheduled my RCS for 8-13-13!  Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"