Maine Babies
Options

****Berty****

How are you today?  I haven't seen you post and I'm a little worried about you... I hope you got some antibiotics and have just spent the day resting.  ((((HUGS)))) I'm thinking about you, love.

Re: ****Berty****

• Options

I'm much better today!  I didn't really get to rest because I had to take Allison for another blood draw to test her bilirubin levels to make sure they're going down.  This sounds like a simple task, but it was far from it!

I'm not allowed to drive until Tuesday and my car is dead. Kevin had to work today and couldn't get us to the doctor's office during the hours the lab was open.  My mom was available to take us, but she doesn't have a car seat base in her car.  So, Kevin had to go switch cars with my mom this morning and then she came over to get us.  It was stressful to say the least.

I asked the doctor about mastitis while I was there (I love my PCP!) and he took my temp.  Because it's a low-grade fever, he thinks it's just a plugged duct and gave me some stuff to try this weekend to see if I can take care of it without antibiotics.  He said if I still feel like crap on Monday to call him and he'll prescribe me antibiotics over the phone.

So, I'm resting, drinking lots of water, massaging the hell out of my right breast, and keeping the hot compresses coming.  The lump seems to be getting smaller and I hope that means it's gonna break up soon.  I just got my pump today and will get the plastic parts tomorrow so I can use it to help break this up.

Sorry this was so long!  How are Gabe and Penny doing?  I'm amazed at how much she looks like your husband!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"