Food & Nutrition
Options

Any Vegetarians

Alright so I've been a vegetarian throughout my pregnancy but i still worry. How's the other vegetarians been throughout they're pregnacy.
pregnant

Re: Any Vegetarians

• Options
    No veggies?
    pregnant
  • Options
    is this for real? Its fine. You're fine. I have been a vegetarian for 23 years. I successfully grew identical triplets while being a vegetarian. To me it means making healthy and informed choices. if youre worried about it, see a nutritionist. 
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been since about 6 months before I got pregnant. Everything went really well for me and I think breastfeeding and my diet of mostly vegetables and grains is why I lost my baby weight really fast.
  • Options
    Vegan momma here!  Baby and I are doing great as is my vegan DS who is almost 2!
  • Options

I have been a vegetarian since I was 11. My midwife has given me a hard time about it, but I ignore her. The only thing I worry about not getting enough of is Omega 3. Everything else is easy I think! 

FWIW my sis eats meat, and ate a lot of steak and tuna while pregnant. She was anemic, and still is. I get really annoyed when I am told to eat meat for that reason! I am not anemic, and work really hard at it, and it might not even help!

I know FI and I are going to have some battles with our child, as he eats fish 1x week and chicken 1x week, and the occasional red meat meal. I want our child to be vege, then decide for themselves later. He wants them to eat like him, them decide for themselves later.... hmmm we shall see. Most likely 1-2 fish meals a week I would imagine. 

• Options
    mgm84mgm84 member
    Vegan here.  I echo everyone else.  I lost most of the pregnancy weight in two weeks after giving birth.  My baby was born 6 weeks early and they thought she would be 4 pounds given the gestation and my size.  She was 5 lbs, 5 oz and was 10 lbs at her 2 month appointment.  I am also BFing her!

Lilypie - (eoyh)

• Options
    imagetesskerr:

I have been a vegetarian since I was 11. My midwife has given me a hard time about it, but I ignore her. The only thing I worry about not getting enough of is Omega 3. Everything else is easy I think! 

FWIW my sis eats meat, and ate a lot of steak and tuna while pregnant. She was anemic, and still is. I get really annoyed when I am told to eat meat for that reason! I am not anemic, and work really hard at it, and it might not even help!

I know FI and I are going to have some battles with our child, as he eats fish 1x week and chicken 1x week, and the occasional red meat meal. I want our child to be vege, then decide for themselves later. He wants them to eat like him, them decide for themselves later.... hmmm we shall see. Most likely 1-2 fish meals a week I would imagine. 

Everyone gives me a hard time about be a Veggie and pregnant. It's kind of annoying but it's whatever. I have however developed pickiness toward food so I try to add variety of healthy food.

pregnant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"