Babies on the Brain
Options

Need advice - IUD just removed

I just had my IUD removed after 3 years. I hadn't had at all while I had it. The day I got it removed and the week following I had some bleeding/spotting. Was this just from the removal? Or was that my first "period". Where do I go from here to begin planning to get pregnant? This is my first time TTC, and am totally clueless on where to begin!

Re: Need advice - IUD just removed

• Options

No advice with regards to the IUD, but as far as TTC...

I would definitely recommend buying a BBT thermometer (the Mabis one from Walmart is good as well as cheap) and setting up an account with Fertility Friend! It will give you courses on how to chart your cycles and improve your understanding of your body and the TTC process, and hopefully help you get your BFP sooner! Your cycles may be a bit wonky just coming off of birth control, but it's still worthwhile to start now and get the hang of it. Once you've charted a few cycles and really gotten the hang of it, you'll be predict ovulation and pinpoint exactly the day it occurred. DH and I aren't even actively TTC yet, and I still feel like charting helps me immensely to prepare for TTC. 

Good luck! 

March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I had the mirena, and I do have an appointment set up next week with my GYN, just anxious to start and want to know all I can. :)  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice!!!! :)
  • Options
    WolFoxWolFox member
    With the Mirena they generally say that you can start trying to get pregnant right away, but the bleeding was probably from removal. Mirena does have hormones in it so there may be some delay, but really not too much. Just be open with your doctor and they'll give you the official 411. 
  • Options

I just got my mirena out in may and I spotted for several days from it. My first period was also light spotting for 5 days, but my 2nd period was what I would consider normal amounts of discharge (ew lol)

I personally wanted to wait until I saw a normal looking period before TTC because I've had a few friends m/c right off of iud removals. It would behoove you to do a few google searches on learning the signs of ovulation to try to figure out when your body is prime for baby making. GL ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bled heavily with my mirena removal, it was bad. I started charting with bbt and fertility friend as if it was a period (even though it probably wasn't). I didn't O, and had a real period 20 days later. My cycles have been pretty regular since. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"