June 2012 Moms

UO/FFFC

My UO is that I think it's weird when grown adults make a big deal out of their birthdays. Like count downs on FB and throwing big parties for themselves. Milestone birthdays are more understandable I guess. But I the "in 4 days I turn 28!!!" statuses are kind of weird to me.

My FFFC is that I have the day off but I still took DS to daycare. Yesterday was our anniversary so H and I are celebrating today with a museum visit and lunch date. I felt a twinge of guilt but it's gone now!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UO/FFFC

• I finally had a come to Jesus talk with DH's grandma who watches DS two days a week. She still rocks him and holds him while he sleeps then tells me he slept a whole hour straight today.

Well, at home he sleeps in his crib and naps for 3 hours. Except on the day following her two days with him. Then, he fights sleep and is an ornery butt. This isn't fair to me or the day care who have to retrain him every week.

This morning she said if I wasn't going to bring bottles any more she would go buy the poor child one. No... You won't and if in two weeks you haven't gotten him to sleep on his own he will only be here one day and I will fork out more money to daycare to have a happy son.

This may sound harsh but DH and I have both talked to her repeatedly since he was 3 months old. We like that DS can stay with family but we're done with the nice requests.

And if I send steak, a peach, broccoli and cheese and you decide to just send it home with him because he had a hot dog and Easy Mac for lunch one more time...

Okay that's enough negative energy I'm done.
  • I cannot stand my neighbors...they are driving me crazy!

The first is completely white trash and has a voice that make nails on a chalkboard sound like classical music,

The second is s complete wierdo and uses baby gates as a fence...I am getting ready to write her a letter telling her she has to take it down or I will report her to to the township for breaking code. (I'm fine if she wants to put up a legitimate fence, but this abomination has to come down). 

the third just doesn't take care of his property and he is try ot sell his house, but it is in such bad shape, that it is goingto attract the wrong kind of buyer

And the last one that is annoying me is a nice guy he and his wife don't bother anyone except for the fact that he sets off fireworks all the time and late too and mows his lawn at 10 at night...seriously not cool! And he has three boys so he knows what it is like to have babies and want to make sure they sleep.

and my neighborhood group is completely worthless. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My U/O is I think it's dangerous to put a car seat on top of shopping carts yet i see people do it ALL the time!

My FFFC is I think it's silly people use poop as an excuse to not CD when in reality you are supposed dump poop from disposables into the toilet too. I really don't care if someone chooses not to CD but that is just a lame excuse not to.
  • Mine is actually flameworthy for once :P. My jeep broke down and we have gone through 3 people trying to RF kiddo's carseat in backseats that has a shoulder strap and no one can install it. Since I cant even get it close to tight enough (and believe me, Im really good at carseats), he's FF in my husband's car for the weekend and we just arent going on the freeway and staying in as much as we can. I think he's safer in a FF tight carseat than a laughably loose RF one.

• imagethatoneredhead:

Mine is actually flameworthy for once :P. My jeep broke down and we have gone through 3 people trying to RF kiddo's carseat in backseats that has a shoulder strap and no one can install it. Since I cant even get it close to tight enough (and believe me, Im really good at carseats), he's FF in my husband's car for the weekend and we just arent going on the freeway and staying in as much as we can. I think he's safer in a FF tight carseat than a laughably loose RF one.

agreed! You definitely don't deserve a flaming for this! 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageJessieCupcake:
    My UO is that I think it's weird when grown adults make a big deal out of their birthdays. Like count downs on FB and throwing big parties for themselves. Milestone birthdays are more understandable I guess. But I the "in 4 days I turn 28!!!" statuses are kind of weird to me.

I agree. My birthday was last Sunday and everyone kept asking me what I was doing for my birthday. I was like, uh, cleaning the house?  

• imageMeery82:

imageJessieCupcake:

I agree. My birthday was last Sunday and everyone kept asking me what I was doing for my birthday. I was like, uh, cleaning the house?  

My room mate used to call her birthday -week- "roomiename-palooza" Dude, if your mom/hubby wants to go all for you great, but dont do it yourself.

I get to go out to dinner so yay? 

• imagethatoneredhead:
    imageMeery82:

imageJessieCupcake:

My room mate used to call her birthday -week- "roomiename-palooza" Dude, if your mom/hubby wants to go all for you great, but dont do it yourself.

oh geez! I see that crap too on FB; it's a birthDAY, not week! And your mom did all the damn work anyway! She should get the gifts! LOL! 

• imagethatoneredhead:
    imageMeery82:

imageJessieCupcake:

Lmao that's all I would do for my b.day was go to dinner and I told my DH if he told the waitress it was my birthday I was walking out of the reastraunt. I stopped having parties after age 12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"