Central Florida Babies
Options

Natural Hospital Birth?

Hi Florida Mamas! 

I am currently going to Contemporary Women's Care in Winter Park. I am wanting to give birth at Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place but after watching The Business of Being Born, I really want to have a natural birth! Have any of you had a natural hospital birth experience?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Natural Hospital Birth?

• Options
    While I did end up with an epidural due to extenuating circumstances, I had planned for a natural birth at the Baby Place in Altamonte. If you go to one of the Florida Hospital Baby Place centers, they are very natural friendly and I had amazing nurses. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you, thats good to know. I have another appointment on Wednesday and will ask how my ob's feel about natural birth since there was so much going on during my first appointment I completely forgot to ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would still be hesitant of a hospital. My SIL went vaginally but there were still interventions performed on her (ie vacuum, pitocin and an epidural). Personally, this freaked me out, especially knowing the experience I wanted. I have chosen to go to Heart 2 Heart Birth Center in Sanford and they are amazing people. If there are complications, they are right across the street from the hospital and their non-emergent transfers go to Winnie Palmer. Just a thought. But my SIL loved FL Hosp Altamonte.  
  • Options
    My hypnobirthing teacher highly recommends Florida hospital of altamonte. Check out their website and take a tour! They let you birth in the tub until 10 cm which might be a plus to you. That documentary is inspiring! It changed my whole birthing plan. I went from delivering at Winnie to now delivering at altamonte here in just a few short weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks @harmonnat, I have decided to deliver at home. Its the most relaxing idea to both me and DH, just took me a while to get him onboard. I agree the documentary is amazing, I watched it just again last night and it makes me very excited for labor!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"