June 2012 Moms
Options

I think the time has come...

Well I am very said to say but I think this week will be one of the last times I breastfeed my DD. We started to wean her about 3 weeks ago and now we are only nursing at night.  My DH and I decided that on Friday we would see how she did not nursing. I am very sad because it is such a bonding experience that I will never get with her again. 

Do you ladies have any advice for a new bedtime routine?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I think the time has come...

• Options
    I wish I did but I will tell you I feel your pain!
  • Options
    SigirSigir member
    How did she do?

IMO it's easier to wean now than later. Weaning my 3 yo was Hard. Weaning my lo at 12 mo was easy... Daddy just put her to bed for a few nights and that was it. She didn't try to nurse again. I understand the mixed emotions but your lo will do fine. Just think of all the new, "grown up" bonding stuff you have to look forward to!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Sigir but it did not go well at all. We gave her milk which she did not want, then she cried for over an hour while we were reading and rocking, until I finally broke down and nursed her. We are going to try again tonight so wish me luck :). I think I will have DH rock and read with her tonight to see if that helps. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"