Maine Babies
Options

Bottle Feeders, please come in...

How often does this happen to you?:

I will hear DD cry like she's waking up and hungry. Make a bottle, put it in the warmer, go to pick her up..... She's dead asleep again. She did this to me this morning and slept for another 3 hours so that bottle was wasted. I fell back asleep so I didnt put it in the fridge.

She just did it again. She is napping in her crib and fell back asleep. She cried for maybe 30 seconds & then ZzZzZz by the time I got to her room. I can put this bottle back in the fridge cuz I'm awake but my goodness girl make up your mind! =)

Re: Bottle Feeders, please come in...

• Options
    All.the.time.  : )
  • Options
    DS does this frequently. I just decided to wait it out so I don't waste a bottle. He usually starts to stir about 30 min before he actually gets up so I just listen and watch the video monitor to see if he's actually awake or just "talking" to himself. If he lets out a wail with his eyes open, I get up and make the bottle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetnbride80:
    DS does this frequently. I just decided to wait it out so I don't waste a bottle. He usually starts to stir about 30 min before he actually gets up so I just listen and watch the video monitor to see if he's actually awake or just "talking" to himself. If he lets out a wail with his eyes open, I get up and make the bottle.

you just movitated me to bug my DH to hook up the video monitor we have.

• Options
    I keep an eye to the clock because I know she usually eats every 4 hours so if she is stirring/crying before that she is usually wet or just unhappy.  I have put the bink in her mouth and started the swing to give myself a few minutes to get her bottle ready and come back and she is snoring.  Bottle goes in the fridge or gets wasted if it is the middle of the night.
  • Options
    I think my baby is in cahoots with the formula companies to boost their profits- he does this to me pretty often.  I'll usually just stick it in the fridge for later. 
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yup! happens to me. :(
  • Options

They cry out in their sleep a lot.  When you hear her cry out, just wait, and listen.  A lot of times, if you run in and pick her up, you're actually waking her!  Emerson cried out three times this afternoon during her nap....I've just now learned to wait and see if she's really awake.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This happens with Indy too his big thing now is to drink an ounce and a half in the middle of the night and be done with it.  I guess its kind of like his little formula nightcap.
  • Options

I'm not a bottle feeder, but avery does this too. 

(oh and when I read the title I first read "bottom feeder" - LOL!)

• Options
    ethan's formula is waaaaay too expensive to go to waste!!  after once or twice of that business ~ we have learned to get up, go pee, etc and then see if he is really waking up or just stirring!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"