July 2011 Moms

Pullups

This may have been brought up before. What are people's thoughts on pull ups? Ds is working on potty training. Some days are better than others. On my birthday on Monday he pooped 3 times on the potty and only peed a little in the diaper. Yesterday and today he only did one poop in the potty the others were in the diaper.
I had ordered pullups awhile ago and had them at my inlaws. Today we were over there and grandpa asked about the pullups when ds was on the potty.
I tried them only before with ds and he wanted nothing to do with them.
So I asked him after he went poop in the potty and he said wear pull up. He lived having it on but went poopy in it. After bath tonight, I went to put on a diaper and he was like, no, I wear pull up!
I said pull ups are for when you use the potty. He tried but nothing happened. I put the pull up in him after.
It just kinda happened today. I'm not sure how I feel about them?
I've heard good things and how it made some kids take longer potty training.
Any thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pullups

• We've never used pull ups and I've heard it makes it harder for kids to learn to be potty trained if you use them. How? I have no idea. I don't really have any plans to use them though.

• We only needed them for Tim's school because he wasn't potty trained when he started pre school.  It's basically a glorified diaper
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We use them when we are out and about,otherwise she is in big panties,with the exception of nap/bed time.
  • I never used them, I just always ask her if she has to go and we make frequent trips to the potty. Some days we have no accidents others we have a couple. She decided to potty train herself overnight it seemed like. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"