June 2012 Moms
Options

GTKYW!

Now that we've made it through the first year, looking back - what things did you post about that you stressed about all the time, but now seem so small??!?

For me, I think it was things like - when do you stop swaddling?  When to go to the next nipple size?  How thick do you make the cereal?  When do babies like to be on their tummies?

I'm sure there are way more from me, but I can't recall!

Our TTC Journey
TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: GTKYW!

• Options
    SigirSigir member
    Even as a STM I was way too obsessed about getting her bedroom all set up when of course shewas in the bassinet for 3 mo or so. That's about it for me, but I bet ftms will have more to say!
  • Options

Food and clothes (sizing mostly) and formula.

Basically the stuff that comes up and one person (article, news story, whatever) takes way into left field and then you have the spec of doubt).

Those stupid things! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only got stressed out about 1 thing, I only had enough nerves to stress out about this lol. I stressed every day about bfing because DS had tongue tie, a bad latch, we got thrush twice, and I HATED having to pump until he learned to latch right. I stressed out so much over this for 4 months then 1 day it just clicked with him and it didn't hurt anymore!

Because of that experience anything afterwards that happened didn't seem worth getting stressed over.
  • Options
    I stressed out about so many things. I had a lot of anxiety at the beginning. Some examples...

Bathing him correctly. He had so many rolls and it seemed so hard at the time. H called DS an English muffin with lots of nooks and crannies! : ]

Going anywhere with him in the beginning. The first time I took him for a walk by myself, I packed a full diaper bag just to go down the street. I was so afraid he'd need something and I wouldn't have it.

Formula. I wanted to BF so badly and when I wasn't able to, formula stressed me out. It seemed so complicated at the time. My mom and MIL bought me ready made formula in the little bottles at first because I was so nervous. Switching to powder stressed me out at first too. But by the end I was a pro! : ]

There's more but these are what come to mind right now. I hope I'm less anxious the second time around!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Definitely breastfeeding was the biggest one for me. I rented a hospital scale for a month and did weighted feedings all day, every day, for a month. I feel like a crazy person for admitting this! I should have been way more relaxed about it! 

I also stressed about if I was giving them enough tummy time, enough time off their backs, talking to them enough....etc. Seems so silly now to me.

I am sure I will continue to stress about things, then keep looking back and laughing at myself :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Options
    For me it was.... EVERYTHING! I was upset that I couldn't EBF, I was scared to put her in the car, terrified to leave her in someone else's care, didn't know what to feed her, worried that I didn't talk to her enough or engage with her, guilty that she watched any tv, and what I'd she didn't eat organic?! Who is feeding her what garbage? I also was sure to set up her room that she is yet to sleep in why did we even buy a crib if she isn't going to be in anything but a toddler bed? Wow... Not that I wrote it all down seems nutty! I wonder if I had another would I be this neurotic or would I know what to expect? I would change so much about my attitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"