Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did your LO's eye color change after birth?

FTM here, with a question for the 0-3 months. I've heard from some folks that eye color at birth is not necessarily how they will look after a few weeks or months. I'm lighter skin with blue eyes and my husband is latino so I'm anxious to see what our DS's colors will be. I was just wondering what your experience was with your LO's eye color? What did they look like at birth vs. today.

Re: Did your LO's eye color change after birth?

• Options
    DS was born with darker blue eyes, and they lightened up a little. Still very blue. I have blue eyes, and DH has brown. 
  • Options
    Born with a dark blue color, 12 days old and starting to look brown (which I expected, as most of both our families have brown eyes).

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read they won't be permanent in color till 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS1 was born with brown eyes that stayed brown. DS2 was born with blue-gray eyes and he's lost most of the blue at this point and they are grayish with some specks in them, almost  hazel-y. But if I had to guess, I assume they'll keep darkening till he has brown eyes.
  • Options
    skioskio member
    It takes longer than three months for baby's eye color to be fully established. DD1's are still changing at over 2 years old. She went from dark blue to lighter blue to gray to green to a hazel kind of color now. I think she's going to have yellowish hazel eyes like her daddy.

Generally, all babies are born with some shade of gray/dark blue eyes. They will either start to lighten or darken in the first six months.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My son eyes looked black pretty much (I have blue and my fiance has brown.) they still look black at the moment, but in pictures they look like they'll be a dark blue color. Actually when my dad first held him he said "Oooo a Supernatural baby!" (because on the show the demons have black eyes sometimes) but I've heard from multiple people that it can take up to 3 years for their eyes to get the "proper" color.

imageimageimage

• Options
    My son was born with dark blue eyes and now his eyes are becoming a lighter blue. He is 5 weeks and 2 days old.
  • Options
    My sons were born with blue eyes and my oldest ended up with green eyss by the ti.e he was around three but my youngest kept his blue eyes. Their father had hazel eyes. My eyes are green but can look blue sometimes, they were blue until I was around three. My daughter has blue eyes but they are a much different blue than either of my sons had. My husband has brown eyes and I am just assuming hers will turn brown eventually.

Edit She is omly 5 weeks old so there's lots of time before I'll know for sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"