Baby Showers
Options

Not BSR - No thank you yet???

Hi everyone, I read this board everyday and have learned a lot from all of you. I have a question. A family friend was married in May. I sent them a wedding gift (very nice set of sheets) from BBB and had it shipped directly to their home in early April. I have heard nothing from them regarding the gift. I wonder if they even received it? It has only been a month since the wedding and I know they still have plenty of time for the thank you notes, but what if they never got it? Again, it was ordered and shipped in early April. What is proper etiquette in this type of situation? Would you just ask them about it or leave it alone?

PS: When I tracked the package, the shipper noted that it was left on the front porch. They live in a nice, quiet neighborhood, definitely not a high crime area.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
"Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown

Re: Not BSR - No thank you yet???

• Options
    I would've already sent a thank you...but maybe just wait a little while longer and see if they send you one? 
  • Options
    I'd give it a few more weeks. Like others have said, she may have a lot going on right now, especially if it was a big wedding- she may have a lot of cards she's getting out at once. Then I would do as others have said, just call to verify it's arrived.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are really worried about whether they got it, i wouldn't be. I think its pretty darn rare for a package to be stolen off a doorstep. But if you are wondering whether the bride should have thanked you yet, the answer is yes, of course she should have. If you sent the gift back in april, she should have thanked you way back then. But i still wouldn't bother calling her on it. What's it really gonna help, you know?

correction: the bride OR GROOM should have thanked you. Hate to let the dude off the hook too easy ;) 

• Options
    I think you should give them some time. I went on an almost 3 week honeymoon and sent all of my TYs between 1 and 2 months after the wedding. I didn't send TYs for gifts received before the wedding any sooner, I had WAY too much wedding stuff going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"