October 2011 Moms
Options

S/O: Food, specifically lettuce

Does your LO eat lettuce/salad? Whenever we eat salad with dinner, DD wants some lettuce, but then when I give her some usually romaine, she gags on it and spits it out. She loves veggies, so I don't think it's the taste but maybe the texture?

So is my kid the only weirdo or does anyone else have a LO that can't eat lettuce?

FTR, it's totally not a big deal, I'm not losing sleep over it, but I'm just curious.

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O: Food, specifically lettuce

• Options
    N likes to munch on spinach some times, but I haven't tried any other lettuces.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    He loves a particular type of Italian dressing, and he'll eat quite a bit of it.  He won't really do other types of dressed salad.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    My kids love salad! We have spinach and romaine lettuce at least once a week in the summer. We put bell peppers, grape tomatoes and cheese in it. They seriously gobble it up!
  • Options
    DD likes wedge salads and seems to prefer iceberg lettuce to romaine and leafier varieties.  We try to give her the crunchy smaller pieces and she does well with those.  It doesn't hurt to smother it in ranch and bacon bits.  She will gag with a big chewy leafy piece.

• Options
    I was thinking that they couldn't really handle lettuces yet but I could be wrong seeing the previous posts. If I give DS lettuce he doesn't really seem to be able to tear it up well with chewing and he ends up gagging on it. Given that, we just give him fruit when we are having salad with our dinner.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Scarlett will eat everything in the salad EXCEPT lettuce.
  • Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    I was eating salad the other day and B kept stealing my lettuce, I figured why stop him since it is lettuce. I no sooner finished saying to DH how awesome it is that B likes lettuce and then he gaged and puked lettuce all over me and my salad! I think I will be waiting a bit longer to give him lettuce now! He had a hard time chewing it properly, which caused him to gag
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My kid won't eat veggies.... of any kind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD barely eats veggies these days. She'll eat tomatoes out of my salad, but she won't touch lettuce.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAA0417:
    Mine goes in phases when he does and doesn't. I usually give him pieces that are the crunchier pieces (from the lighter green to whiter end with iceberg lettuce for example) because that is what I did at first thinking it would go over better than the really leafy part considering LO is a bit texture-picky and now I am in that habit.

N goes in phases too which is pretty much how she is with all food. One week salmon will be her favorite and she'll eat more than me and the next she doesn't want anything to do with it. 

I just keep putting a variety of foods in front of her and letting her eat what she wants. As long as I don't start with blueberries she'll eat enough.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I mix spinach in with cold chicken and a little bit of olive oil mayo. She isnt a big fan of plain lettuce but she loves chopped kale and balsamic vinaigrette.
  • Options
    DS has trouble with lettuce also. He tends to gag on the thin leafy stuff. We haven't given him a harder crunchy kind like iceberg because we don't eat it. That might be easier to handle though. Usually I just chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc, from our salad and give him that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"