October 2012 Moms
Options

Trying to get my 8 month old to sleep through the night!

My son began to sleep through the night at 3 months, but I'm not so lucky with my baby girl. She is 8 months & still wakes up every 3-4 hours for a bottle. I have tried putting a bit of cereal (not much) in her bottle before bedtime and still no luck. Is this normal? Is anyone else going through this? I just need suggestions/advice on how to get her to sleep all night. In addition, we usually pat/rub her to help her fall asleep. Unless she is really tired, then she will fall asleep easily on her own. Once in a blue will she only sleep all night, but it's rare for me. I just need help. Thanks. 

Re: Trying to get my 8 month old to sleep through the night!

• Options
    no magic solution or sole thing can make STTN happen but just wondering are you feeding her solids 3 times a day yet? Maybe try introducing protein next. Again no magic solution for STTN it will happen as you know when they are ready Hang in there ok!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I BF, but I also give them about 4 ounces of formula right before bed. When I skip the formula and BF only, they are usually hungry after 3 or 4 hours. For me, the extra bottle works. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly.. so many reasons they wake up - and to top it off - there is a growth spurt at 9 months.

Have you looked at sleep training?

Have you tried upping solids / milk (formula / breast milk) during the day?

Naps?

Crawling?

seperation anxiety?

I am struggline with my little one and thought it was food - but its not - she'll eat sure - but if I don't feed her she wakes up just as much or just as little -  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageopaque1997:

separation anxiety?

I am struggline with my little one and thought it was food - but its not - she'll eat sure - but if I don't feed her she wakes up just as much or just as little -  

This is my boyo.  I think he struggles with separation -- and really, prefers being in my bed as opposed to on his own when he wakes at night.  He's been a stinker lately, so I've co-slept with him maybe one round per night the past few weeks.  However, he's good during the day, so I'm thinking it's a night-thing.  Not sure why myself, but working it out.  He usually wakes-up every three to four hours and wants a diaper-change and a bottle.  He doesn't always drink a lot, which is what makes me lean towards the separation idea.

Trying his own room for the first time tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck.* 

• Options
    imageAnnie Frannie:
    imageopaque1997:

separation anxiety?

This is my boyo.  I think he struggles with separation -- and really, prefers being in my bed as opposed to on his own when he wakes at night.  He's been a stinker lately, so I've co-slept with him maybe one round per night the past few weeks.  However, he's good during the day, so I'm thinking it's a night-thing.  Not sure why myself, but working it out.  He usually wakes-up every three to four hours and wants a diaper-change and a bottle.  He doesn't always drink a lot, which is what makes me lean towards the separation idea.

Trying his own room for the first time tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Good luck.* 

Dorky to quote myself, but there it is.  Just wanted to update this that boyo slept the entire night in his own room last night.  He had a few wake-ups at his normal times, but put himself back to sleep without my or DH's help.  Also, it may have been unclear, but his crib had been in our room until yesterday.  So I'm thinking us just being in the same room was the problem because it was easy to yell for us and we'd get him.  Not sure what will happen tonight, but last night was a success!  And?  I got to turn on my bedside lamp for the first time in nine months!  I actually did a NYT crossword.  Went to bed sooooo happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"