Multiples
Options

If you BF from the tap and pump...

Tell me how you do it? I attempted this evening, however E was screaming after the 2oz of bottled BM, and some time on the 'empty' boob.
I've heard it's never empty, but she didn't seem to be getting anything. Shortly after she is done I have her brother up next. I really want to have a bottle a day 4 oz each but I don't know if I'll have enough milk or time in the day to do this. I pumped tonight, both boobs and got 4oz total.

Educate me!
TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: If you BF from the tap and pump...

• Options
    Have you tried getting in an extra pumping session to up your supply? Otherwise drinking mothers milk tea helped me increase my supply for my son fairly quickly. That can be picked up at Target, Walmart or your local grocery store.
  • Options
    I'm not there yet, but have spoken to multiple LCs who recommend feeding both babes, then pumping.  If that's still not getting enough, I agree with PP to add another pumping session during the day.  Do you have an LC you could call for help?
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Babies are way more effective at getting the milk out than a pump. Pumping in the morning, after a nursing session, seemed to be the most effective for me. But it depends how often you are pumping and nursing. I would recommend always nursing first and topping off with a bottle. Babies like the faster flow and less work of a bottle, so it might be frustrating to baby to have to work for their meal after getting it more easily from the bottle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I reread your question and it seems you are trying to increase your supply so you can bottle feed two 4 oz bottles a day, yes? Pump in the morning after a nursing session when you are producing the most milk. By nursing throughout the day, on demand, your babies will help increase your supply. So if you take 8 oz they normally would've consumed, you nurse them more frequently and within a few days your supply will naturally increase. Just make sure you are getting enough to eat and stay extra hydrated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you very much! I will nurse after this session and I will have them eat from breast first.
    This helps, thank you!!
    TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"