Breastfeeding
Options

Does this sound like thrush?

I noticed a white spot right in the center of my nipple. Thought it was a drop of milk, but it wouldn't wipe off. It didnt hurt to touch it or kinda pick at it. It has faded in brightness a bit over the past few hours, but is still noticeable. My baby was VERY fussy at the breast this evening and kept screaming right after she'd latched on. Her tongue is white, but I can't tell if it's just the normal milk residue or if it's something else.
Luckily she has her one month pedi appt tomorrow, so I will ask him to check her out. Just wanted some input in the meantime. TIA!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Does this sound like thrush?

• Options

I have read about this white spot on the nipple before, and it has a name....but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Could be thrush, best to mention it to the ped tomorrow. Good luck!

• Options

Bleb or clogged nipple pore.  Had them umpteen times---PITA.  I found lecithin supplements to really help treat and prevent them.  If its NOT a "bubble" or tiny blister and is more flat and not shiny, you may be able to massage out some thickened/dried milk to unclog.  Start massaging further back from nipple and work up to the very tip, and squeeze it kinda like a pimple gently, but dont try to pop it or break the skin.  Soaking in hot epsom salt water before massage or warm wet washcloth is helpful.  I believe kellmom has good info on this.  

PS- if it is a tiny bubble-like blister, leave it alone.  Trying to pop it will only cause more trouble.  

Hang in there!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"