July 2013 Moms
Options

The hospital must think...

My husband and I are stupid. So blood pressure started rising around 1 this afternoon. By 5pm we showed 152/102 and decided to go in. By the time they hooked me up it was 139/89 and just kept dropping into a totally normal range within an hour.

We are home. Doctor appointment tomorrow and we are bringing our cuff in to get it calibrated again. Ugh I feel like a moron.

Re: The hospital must think...

• Options
    DH has the opposite issue for himself. He takes his bp multiple times before he has an appt and they are all normal range...gets to the clinic and it goes all crazy.
  • Options
    Yikes that is obnoxious. hopefully it was just the cuff and not your BP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry!  It's like you have the opposite of white coat hypertension :-/

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I guarantee no one thought you were a moron. You absolutely did the right thing! I'm glad your BP is doing better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagevalstulas:
    I guarantee no one thought you were a moron. You absolutely did the right thing! I'm glad your BP is doing better!

This! Glad its doing better and fx it stays that way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't feel stupid it's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. My BP has been fluctuating so I've been tracking it at home. My cuff reads higher than the doctors. I also found out that my local rite aid has a profession cuff you can use at the pharmacy. So if it ever comes in high again you can check it there before going to the hospital.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Yeah. FWIW this is the first time we made the decision on our own. My 3 other trips I was referred by the doctor. And since I'm guessing our cuff reads high... We can only go by the readings it shows. I'll be glad to get to the doctor tomorrow though!
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    It's totally possible your cuff gave you the correct reading at the time that you took it and that your blood pressure just went down by the time you went to L and D. I delivered my son early several weeks ago due to preeclampsia, but before that, I had to monitor my blood pressure every day to ensure it didn't go above 160/100. Depending upon the time of day and my activity, my blood pressure fluctuated considerably. In fact even within the span of several hours during the three or four monitoring trips I had to L and D my blood pressure fluctuated considerably. I think you made the right call to go in and get checked out, even if your blood pressure did end up being lower when you got there. You can never be too careful when it comes to high blood pressure and pregnancy.
  • Options
    Don't feel stupid! Just think how much money you're paying them to deliver a baby there. You are the customer and that's their job to check anything they need to! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"