Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Highchair hell

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a highchair... or how to get your LO to stay in one to eat without going crazy. He eats in his highchair at daycare (a small wooden one that is low to the ground) but when we put him in the one at home he goes nuts. It's a chico highchair that can be set to recline at different levels and heights so I would think that we could get it comfortable for him. No setting seems to work. Earlier today I had to put him in the carrier and he was fine eating there... just not sure what to do.

Re: Highchair hell

• Options
    Maybe hew likes being low to the ground. I'd get the Mamas and Papas bumbo type chair. It's great and has a little tray, plus it grows with your baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Or just try the bumbo if you have one.  I have a graco highchair that will recline and do all of the things your chicco does.  It even goes to floor level.  Have you tried having him just sit in it and play a little to get comfortable?  Give him some of his favorite toys.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the chicco Polly highchair and my LO HATED it. I ended up exchanging it for the graco duodiner and its been so much better!!! The graco has so many more features that worked better for us as well.
  • Options

We have this one. It has no bells and whistles but it does convert to a toddler chair. No complaints and it is amazingly easy to clean! I try different things to keep LO entertained in the chair. Usually puffs and frozen treats will do it.

Grow With Me High Chair - Fisher-Price Online Toy Store

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have a graco duodiner and DS loves it. We introduced the high chair around 3 months, he didn't eat anything until cereal at 4 months, but we would have him sit in it while I cooked dinner before DH could get home and then he plays with toys while we eat so he can be by us at the table. Perhaps he just needs to get used to it. I will say that every once in a while, DS just wants to be held and not sit in the high chair too.

One of DS's favorite toys in his high chair is https://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Developmental-Wonder-Wheel-Suction/dp/B004AHMCKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372696840&sr=8-1&keywords=high+chair+toys+with+suction

He loves to spin and play with it. Plus, as an added bonus it sticks and can't be thrown onto the floor to have to pick up every five seconds.

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageStarishna:
    I had the chicco Polly highchair and my LO HATED it. I ended up exchanging it for the graco duodiner and its been so much better!!! The graco has so many more features that worked better for us as well.

Interesting. we have this one and DS throws a fit when I put him in it. He calms down when the food starts coming so I figures he was just hungry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"