May 2012 Moms
Options

thumb sucking callous

Fifi has another callous/blood blister/inflamed thumb. Anyone else dealing with this and what are you doing for it?

We had put her on antibiotic the last time because the blood blister had burst under the skin and pedi wanted to prevent infection. It never bothered her and it doesn't bother her again this time. I am wondering if we should wait a few more days before doing the antibiotic again providing it doesn't bother her nor feels warm to the touch. What would you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: thumb sucking callous

• Options
    Our girls both suck their right thumb, and we just noticed the callous about a week ago. We haven't done anything so far but keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    LO doesn't have one but our friend from Lamaze class's LO has one and she said they wrapped up her hand at night in a bandage to let it heal, so she couldn't chomp directly on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't do an antibiotic kids who suck their thumbs end up with callouses there. My sisters last for years
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    We had the same problem. We put pure lanolin the nipple stuff on her thumb whenever we could and it cleared right up in a couple days. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"