July 2013 Moms
Options

Teachers

I was wondering if anyone knows how to add your child to your insurance plan. Our district is closed in July, and doesn't open until August. I wasn't sure if I can call the insurance company directly and add her myself, or if I have to wait.

Re: Teachers

• Options
    I would just call your insurance company and ask them....I'm sure it varies by company, school district, state, etc. 

• Options
    I know we have thirty days here. Our HR stays open year round, so I am
    Not sure what to recommend to you. I would however call the insurance company and see what they say. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All districts vary. For me, there was no additional paper work. I just email my hr department after she's born and they'll add her to our family plan. If you saved your papers from when you initially signed on to your plan there's probably info in there about it. Otherwise I'd call and ask directly.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Our administration offices are also open year round. Surely someone is there to take calls?
  • Options
    It totally depends on your school district. We have a Board of Education that is open all summer.
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How would we know how to add a child to your insurance plan? Wouldn't it be better (and more efficient not to mention logical) to call your insurance up and ask them how to do it? I don't get it. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you, I will try to see what I can do tomorrow. Hopefully I can contact someone from my district.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher too. I just called up my insurance company and asked them. No big deal.
  • Options
    Thank you, I've just never had to contact my insurance about an issue like this before. I usually call HR about any questions and they are very good about getting me the information.
  • Options
    In my experience h.r. are the only people who can add a dependent. Thats so strange that your department is closed. Ive never heard of that before.
  • Options
    Call insurance when u have the baby. I already asked and that's what you should do.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just call my insurance company.  But our office stays open also.

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    imagestrawberrylemonade13:
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to add your child to your insurance plan. Our district is closed in July, and doesn't open until August. I wasn't sure if I can call the insurance company directly and add her myself, or if I have to wait.

Aren't your administration offices still open though? Ours are open Monday through Thursday in the summer. Even though I knew they are open during the summer, I still went to them back in March or April to get these forms and all I had to do was scan and email them to HR after my son was born. No matter what, you need to add your baby within 30 days of birth, or else you won't be able to add him or her until the next open enrollment period.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"