Infertility
Options

Acupunture after ET? Too late?

Hi ladies :

My name is Angela and I'm fairly new here. I am 30, dx PCOS, husband = no problems, 3x failed iui's and just transferred 2 "perfect blasts" this morning for our first ivf cycle I'm so excited!. I just started looking into acupuncture and an looking for some opinions. Did You/Do you use it? How long? How do you think it is helping? Do you think it's too late now that I'm already in the 2ww?

Thanks for all your opinions they are greatly appreciated!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on this infertility journey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Acupunture after ET? Too late?

• Options
    Hi Angela! Welcome. I have heard great things about acupuncture and ET. I don't know if its too late but maybe your RE will be connected with an acupuncturist and know whether it might be beneficial? Good luck!
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Options
    Hi Angela, I just had my ET on Friday and I did pre/post acupuncture. It was great! Not sure if it will help yet but it did help me relax. I just started during my first cycle and I love it! I say it can't hurt to try it out!
    Married 11-29-2012
    Me 36/DH 31
    Over 35 - TTC since Sept 2012
    2/13 - DH's SA was normal and OBGYN did BW on me to check ovulation - all was normal.  Went to RE in March 2013 at BIVF.  All BW was normal, estrogen a little high.  4/13 - HSG #1 - very painful and had spasms so suggested repeat of procedure.  5/13 - HSG #2 done by RE and both tubes are blocked :(  Per RE's recommendation - IVF cycle #1 in June 2013 w/ Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and Crinone.  BFP on 7/9/13 Beta #1 at 330.  Beta #2 at 895.  7/25/13 1st U/S at 6wk2d- it's TWINS!  Baby A 115bpm and Baby B 101bpm.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just had my first acu appointment yesterday.  I decided to give it a try after our first failed IVF.  The acu I visited prefers to start seeing you 3-4 months before any ART procedure.  We'll be doing IVF #2 in August, so clearly not that far out, but she was happy with the amount of time we have in between.  She suggests going once a week if possible and then once the ER/ET gets closer we can plan accordingly.

I really enjoyed my first visit.  I was there for about 2 hours.  We went through medical history, IF journey, and some other general health stuff.  We talked about A LOT.  She's also going to send me an email with more information about food, health, Chinese medicine, etc.  After all the talking, she did an extended session.  I'm planning to go back next week.  At $85 a session, it's going to get expensive, but I figure I might as well give it my all if I'm going to do it.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    Thanks ladies!

Looney: I read the same about starting several months before your cycle. It could get expensive and that's really why I'm wondering if maybe it's a waste to start now when I transferred yesterday. I'm so hopeful for this cycle but want to do everything I can to help it along.
  • Options
    Do you have an acu in mind?  Maybe you could give them a call and ask their opinion?  I don't think I could afford to go every week for 3-4 months, but since I've got less than 2 months til my next ER/ET I thought I could at least give that a shot.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    I actually did find someone locally who specializes in infertility. I left her a message this morning. Hopefully I'll hear back later today :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"