Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR cake recipe

My son's 5th birthday is coming up and he wants a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.

Anyone have a killer butter, vanilla or white cake recipe?

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR cake recipe

• Options
    I'd just buy a box, seems like they come out just as well :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was really hoping someone would have a recipe for you, because I'd like one too! I've made a few white cakes from scratch and TBH, I've never liked any of them remotely as much as a boxed cake. Pretty sad. I have a really good chocolate cake recipe, but not vanilla.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you open to doctoring a mix? I have added a pkg of dry vanilla pudding to a boxed yellow pudding in the mix cake (I made pumpkin, but I am sure it would work for just plain yellow), it was not dry and it was like homemade, but better.
  • Options
    imageMomIn2013:
    I was really hoping someone would have a recipe for you, because I'd like one too! I've made a few white cakes from scratch and TBH, I've never liked any of them remotely as much as a boxed cake. Pretty sad. I have a really good chocolate cake recipe, but not vanilla.

ME TOO!
  • Options
    imageTheWife31634:
    Are you open to doctoring a mix? I have added a pkg of dry vanilla pudding to a boxed yellow pudding in the mix cake I made pumpkin, but I am sure it would work for just plain yellow, it was not dry and it was like homemade, but better.

I MIGHT DO THAT. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    Trader Joes mixes are really good.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"