Late Term and Child Loss
Options

1st OB appt...

Hi ladies.  I go to my OB tomorrow (5 weeks) and have moments where I'm really calm and ready to go, then other moments where I'm anxious and nervous - I don't know what to expect.

Definitely going to talk about when to start trying and what sort of monitoring will take place for future pregnancies...

How was your first appt?  Did you bring your DH/SO?

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 1st OB appt...

• Options

Big hugs! Its an emotional appointment.

For me, I went in two weeks after delivery to remove my two stitches, then went back at 6 weeks for my postpartum appointment.

At the 6 weeks, I didnt have a physical exam, though I could have. I was healing fine, so didnt have any problems to address.  DH came with me for mine. It was a good appointment. Dr asked us how we were coping and if we needed any help finding grief outlets. We also discussed trying again and talked about the delivery some. He also gave us the partial pathology report (got the full one just two weeks ago). So, for someone who may not have been told the reasons for early delivery or stillbirth, they may address that in the appointment.

Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    ((((hugs)))) GL at your appointment. It is hard. My OB did an internal exam to make sure I was healing, we talked about the test results, and TTC again. We also talked about next time, and how we'd induce at 37 weeks. My DH went with me, and it was really good he was there, I needed him!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Appt went fine.  I asked DH to go, but to wait in the lobby (we weren't expecting any info on why/what happened...)

OB did say that the placenta test/exam came back with abnormalities with where and how the cords were attached.  So even if I didn't have pPROM, there was a good chance placenta abruption may have happened (if that makes sense)

Physically, I'm fine and healed.  OB told us to wait 1-2 cycles before trying (what I was expecting)   We don't know how soon we want to start trying, but we don't want to wait too long. OB also said that while they're 99% sure that everything happened because I was carrying triplets and they think a singleton pregnancy won't carry any issues, I will be going back to the MFM to monitor my cervix, and discuss cerclage and/or progesterone shots.  I was so thankful to hear this.

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope it goes well. 
  • Options
    imageDixon813:

Appt went fine.  I asked DH to go, but to wait in the lobby (we weren't expecting any info on why/what happened...)

OB did say that the placenta test/exam came back with abnormalities with where and how the cords were attached.  So even if I didn't have pPROM, there was a good chance placenta abruption may have happened (if that makes sense)

Physically, I'm fine and healed.  OB told us to wait 1-2 cycles before trying (what I was expecting)   We don't know how soon we want to start trying, but we don't want to wait too long. OB also said that while they're 99% sure that everything happened because I was carrying triplets and they think a singleton pregnancy won't carry any issues, I will be going back to the MFM to monitor my cervix, and discuss cerclage and/or progesterone shots.  I was so thankful to hear this.

I'm glad you appointment was ok and that you have some direction for next time.   

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"