Baby Names

WDYT of Gina?

For mobile: Gina

Just wondering. It's my name of the week apparently.

I like that it's simple, recognizable but not super common/popular. That about sums up my naming style anyways.

I also like it because it's a spin off my Grandma's name, so I know in my heart it'd be for "grandma." I loved grandma to pieces, just not her name so much. FWIW, my other 2 kids have names that have more "obscure" meanings like that too (ie, mean something to me only).

Middle names Elizabeth or Hazel maybe, maybe not.

So WDYT? I won't get offended either way. Just throwing it out there.

Re: WDYT of Gina?

• There's nothing wrong with Gina. I agree that its recognizable and simple. I like Gina Elizabeth over Gina Hazel.
  • Not a huge fan of Gina. Also I think of the app with Gina the Giraffe now. 

I do like Elizabeth and Hazel. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you post the full title for mobile viewers? Love the middle names!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ok I see it must be Gina. My first thought is Italian.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I prefer Nina.
    Anniversary
  • I was crushing pretty hard on Gina last week, but then someone told me they knew a Gina who used to get called vagina so that kind of ruined it for me. I still really like the name but I'm paranoid about teasing.

image  image

• imagecoopsbaby:
    I was crushing pretty hard on Gina last week, but then someone told me they knew a Gina who used to get called vagina so that kind of ruined it for me. I still really like the name but I'm paranoid about teasing.

Thanks for that..lol.

I don't usually get worked about the teasing thing, but Gina Vagina may have just done me in..ha.

Thanks for sharing though....I'm happy you gave me something to think about it..the teasing hasn't crossed my mind yet on Gina.

• It is my evil aunt's name so I'm not a fan.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedairygirl19:

imagecoopsbaby:
    I was crushing pretty hard on Gina last week, but then someone told me they knew a Gina who used to get called vagina so that kind of ruined it for me. I still really like the name but I'm paranoid about teasing.

Thanks for that..lol.

I don't usually get worked about the teasing thing, but Gina Vagina may have just done me in..ha.

Thanks for sharing though....I'm happy you gave me something to think about it..the teasing hasn't crossed my mind yet on Gina.

I am friends with 2 Ginas as far as I know neither of them were ever teased. Besides the Gina and Vagina teasing does not work well verbally, just on paper.
  • I think Its ok
  • It's ok, I prefer Gia, Gia Hazel is so pretty. 

• imageStickyBaby:
    imagedairygirl19:

imagecoopsbaby:

Thanks for that..lol.

I am friends with 2 Ginas as far as I know neither of them were ever teased. Besides the Gina and Vagina teasing does not work well verbally, just on paper.

Good point, it doesn't work at all verbally, and good to know since I've never known any Ginas.  

image  image

• I have bad memories of a Gina from grade school, so nope.  I really don't like it.  I do like Gia though, as pp suggested.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In the movie the 40 year old
    Virgin there is a girl named Gina like vagina and that's all I can think of now.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey girl! It feels really different to me than your other names. In my mind, Gina is brash and maybe a little tawdry. Your other names have a lightness and innocence to them that I don't feel Gina has.  I think Hazel would be great as a FN (but on the other hand, would it create a pattern by doing that and you're stuck for any other children?) Other ideas, which you may hate lol: Rosalie, Laura, Nora, Sadie, Leah.

• I'm a Gina....never got teased fwiw! Love my name.
    Due October 29
  • I love Gina! I have an aunt about 9 years older than me who has fertility problems and doesn't have any children. I love her, and I intend to name a child after her one day. For a MN suggestion, her MN is Louise and I think it is lovely.

If you're afraid of the Vagina comments (my aunt was teased by my own father in this fashion, much to my distaste), there are always similar names, such as Gianna (Gia) and Regina. GL!

• Not a fan of Gina.
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"