September 2013 Moms
Options

I feel like a leper

I will be 27 weeks tomorrow. Right now I'm feeling a whirlwind of emotions. My hubby and I were at a store yesterday looking at baby furniture and whatnot for the registry and it really hit home. I'm going to be a mom to a helpless beautiful little girl who will be looking to me to comfort her and tend all her needs and I'm absolutely terrified that I'm going to let her down. I have a 9 year old autistic stepson who is beyond a handful. He doesn't talk except to mimic what you say, he's not potty trained at all, he's an explosion of energy 24 hours a day, medication barely controls his behavior and I'm scared to death how he's going to react to a newborn baby who will need even more constant supervision than he does. He's constantly vying for his dads attention and if he doesn't get it, he does all manner of wild and/or dangerous things to get it, which will go over really well when my husband is carrying around a newborn.

Aside from that, I'm trying my best to keep my BP down so I don't have to take medication because my OB has already warned me that he hasn't taken the labetalol option off the table. My hemoglobin has dropped to 9.9 and I have no energy whatsoever. We got married in February and I'm still trying to financially recover from it so all of my bills are behind. I don't want to ask my husband to help because anything financial causes a huge blowout. I'm struggling dragging my exhausted a$$ into work everyday, tending to dementia patients who don't care if I'm pregnant or not, they will still curse at me or try to hit me, cough on me, etc, but that's nursing for you. I get 2 weekends off a month and I've spent this one crying my eyes out because my husband is upset with my b!tchiness and sleeping in another room. 

Im just feeling like I'm out of control and I'm trying to keep it together for my baby. I don't really confide in people too much because I don't like to burden people. So with all this rolling around in my head, sure I get b!tchy at my husband. A lot. So he's mad at me frequently now. We're barely having sex. And today he called my mom and told her I'm angry all the time and he's sick of it so she calls me and scolds me for being mean to my husband and asks me what's wrong with me and I'm like what's the point? It's like she forgot what it's like to be a terrified FTM. I guess I painted myself into this corner.

Guess I needed to vent. Thanks for listening.  

Re: I feel like a leper

• Options

today he called my mom and told her I'm angry all the time and he's sick of it so she calls me and scolds me for being mean to my husband

This, to me, is the most concerning part of your post.  Your husband shouldn't be dragging your mother into issues regarding your marriage; and your mother shouldn't be accepting the invite to interfere when he does.  

Sounds like the two of you need to have some serious discussions and perhaps seek outside (ie: professional, not your mama) advice regarding your marriage and how best to integrate new baby into your stepson's life. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cannot imagine how you must feel with all of that on your shoulders! I agree with PP, your husband feeling the need to call your mom is concerning! I know you are trying to keep it together, but don't try so hard that you avoid talking to your husband about what's really going on with you. If you need help, that's what counseling is for and there is no shame in that!

I hope things get better for you! Take it one day at a a time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is there a day program available for you stepson? I care for adults with varying mental disabilities and conditions. One is also very autistic, doesn't communicate, and is very energetic. He goes to a day program, and seems to really enjoy it. Just thinking you may need some outside help once the baby is born!
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    So sorry that your going threw this. Sounds like you have a lot of stress and on your own. I hope he turns around tho I know it can be so hard not having support. But no matter what try to stay positive!! T and P for you.
  • Options
    imageCaliMcKenzie:
    today he called my mom and told her I'm angry all the time and he's sick
    of it so she calls me and scolds me for being mean to my husband
    This, to me, is the most concerning part of your post.nbsp; Your husband shouldn't be dragging your mother into issues regarding your marriage; and your mother shouldn't be accepting the invite to interfere when he does. nbsp; Sounds like the two of you need to have some serious discussions and perhaps seek outside ie: professional, not your mama advice regarding your marriage and how best to integrate new baby into your stepson's life.nbsp;

All of this exactly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageVitaLuna:
    imageCaliMcKenzie:
    today he called my mom and told her I'm angry all the time and he's sick of it so she calls me and scolds me for being mean to my husband
    This, to me, is the most concerning part of your post.nbsp; Your husband shouldn't be dragging your mother into issues regarding your marriage; and your mother shouldn't be accepting the invite to interfere when he does. nbsp; Sounds like the two of you need to have some serious discussions and perhaps seek outside ie: professional, not your mama advice regarding your marriage and how best to integrate new baby into your stepson's life.nbsp;
    All of this exactly.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if DH called my mom to complain about me....

At this point, I don't think it would be too much to ask for any type of outside help; help with your marriage and with your stepson.  Hormones are just going to get worse, and the lack of sleep once LO arrives will make things tense if you are keeping everything in.  You need to take care of yourself and your marriage to be prepared for LO.  

Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCaliMcKenzie:

This, to me, is the most concerning part of your post.  Your husband shouldn't be dragging your mother into issues regarding your marriage; and your mother shouldn't be accepting the invite to interfere when he does.  

Sounds like the two of you need to have some serious discussions and perhaps seek outside (ie: professional, not your mama) advice regarding your marriage and how best to integrate new baby into your stepson's life. 

That concerns me too because this is not the first time he's done it. He says he calls her so somebody knows "his side" of the story. Whatever. Counseling isn't really an option because he says if a couple needs counseling, the relationship is already dead. I have a weird husband. I'm going to have a heart to heart with him tonight and hope for the best.  

• Options

imagepescadora712:
    I cannot imagine how you must feel with all of that on your shoulders! I agree with PP, your husband feeling the need to call your mom is concerning! I know you are trying to keep it together, but don't try so hard that you avoid talking to your husband about what's really going on with you. Ifyou need help, that's what counseling is for and there is no shame in that! I hope things get better for you! Take it one day at a a time.

Thank you for reading and responding to my long whiny post! :-)...I do need to stop holding all this inside and talk to him and I will. Not looking forward to that discussion but I will.  

• Options

imageSweetPeaK26:
    Is there a day program available for you stepson? I care for adults with varying mental disabilities and conditions. One is also very autistic, doesn't communicate, and is very energetic. He goes to a day program, and seems to really enjoy it. Just thinking you may need some outside help once the baby is born!

We are trying to get him SSI  so we have access to a lot more services because child care with him is a major issue because of the behaviors and lack of potty training. If we could just him the proper therapy (which is so not happening in this school system) he would improve. There is a school for autistic children here but it's $50K a year which is obscene to me so I guess we are stuck with our local school system at this point. But I'll look into the day program, I hadn't thought about that. Thank you! :-)

• Options
    imageCNS1212:

imageVitaLuna:
    imageCaliMcKenzie:
    All of this exactly.

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if DH called my mom to complain about me....

At this point, I don't think it would be too much to ask for any type of outside help; help with your marriage and with your stepson.  Hormones are just going to get worse, and the lack of sleep once LO arrives will make things tense if you are keeping everything in.  You need to take care of yourself and your marriage to be prepared for LO.  

Good luck and let us know if you need anything!

Thank you! :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"