Georgia Babies
Options

Dunwoody/Sandy Springs Elementary Schools

Hi all, 

DH and I live in town and we are contemplating relocating to dunwoody. It's closer to both of our works and I love in town living but the crime is really worrying me with 2 little ones. I'm tired of seeing people casing houses, cars, etc. Anyway, what are the elementary schools like in Dunwoody or even Sandy Springs? Which ones are the best, etc. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dunwoody/Sandy Springs Elementary Schools

• Options

In general, they are great, although some are better than others. In Dunwoody the best ones are Vanderlin and Austin. In Sandy Springs it is Heards Ferry.  On a larger scale, I would say Dunwoody has slightly better schools overall.  I advise my clients to check www.greatschools.com and www.schooldigger.com for good school information, test scores, rankings, and parent reviews.

And I totally understand what you mean about in-town vs. 'burbs.  I was always 100% an in-town girl but we actually just moved to downtown Roswell from Grant Park for many of the reasons you mention and I am surprised how much I like it. And it is a relief to not be worried constantly about the crime.

I'm a Realtor, so if you want any more detailed info on the areas you are considering, feel free to email me!  alix.nadi at gmail.com

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    stewzstewz member

Thanks! I may just do that. I'm like 90% sold on moving but DH grew up in Dunwoody and is not so keen on the idea. He always saw himself getting out of the burbs and living in town. I totally get it but I grew up in a small town in south georgia and the crime is just driving me nuts. Everyday it's something new on the neighborhood parents email group. Ugh!

I may have to check out downtown Roswell.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are loving Roswell, we can walk out our front door and be at tons of great restaurants, bars, art galleries, etc in less than 15 minutes. Plus my vet, chiro, salon, dry cleaners, coffee shop, and pet food store.  It is literally like living in Virginia Highlands (or a vibrant small town) except we are OTP.  We are also across the street from a fantastic 80 acre park that has TONS of activities for kids and adults.  To me, this provides a much more walkable, in-town feel than Dunwoody/Sandy Springs since we have a legit downtown with really charming shops & dining, plus regular festivals/events.  My requirement for moving OTP (which is what DH wanted) was that I had to still have walkability. I really feel like we have the best of both worlds here, plus the schools are some of the best in the state.  =)
  • Options
    wuhhoowuhhoo member
    Ha! I must be neighbors with the other poster. I echo how much I absolutely love Roswell. It is a great place for kids!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagewuhhoo:
    Ha! I must be neighbors with the other poster. I echo how much I absolutely love Roswell. It is a great place for kids!

Where do you live?  We are just off Canton about a half mile north of Fickle Pickle. 

• Options
    wuhhoowuhhoo member
    I sent you a PM!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"