2nd Trimester
Options

Water Park..question!!

So I've never thought anything about a Water Park & their water slides being dangerous while pregnant. Now obviously rides at an amusement park are completely unsafe that's no-brainer. My husband and I were going to go to the waterpark today and then he stopped and asked wait can you? I looked it up, a lot of people have said they would as long as it's not the crazy super bumpy kind, or maybe even not the really super steep ones, but then others have said they wouldn't as it's unsafe. I don't see how going down a slide if it isn't crazy is unsafe? Obviously I'm not trying to get air, go down on my belly, etc. But does anyone know??

I do not want to be overly cautious on every single thing I do, but I don't want to harm the baby. I don't see how I could though, doing that I mean. I'm 21 weeks pregnant (and a few days).

Any and all help appreciated! Also, I've had zero complications in my pregnancy *knock on wood* this whole time..no scares.

Thanks! 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Water Park..question!!

• Options
    There are signs at a lot of water parks saying do not go down certain rides if you are pregnant. Some are unsafe. I say go to the park but stay off any rides with that posted and hang out in the wave pool or lazy river.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hadn't been in a while so I wasn't sure if they had those signs on any of them or not. Thank you! :) I should be okay if I stay away from those and I don't think that the wave pool will do me any harm! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! Definitely will make sure bring extra sunblock and stay hydrated. :)
  • Options
    imageAFwifelife:

imagegreenbeanqueen:
    There are signs at a lot of water parks saying do not go down certain rides if you are pregnant. Some are unsafe. I say go to the park but stay off any rides with that posted and hang out in the wave pool or lazy river.

This.  The crazy rides will be marked as such.  I would be sure to stay hydrated, reapply sunscreen throughout the day, and take plenty of breaks from the sun.

Yup.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have water slides at the pool I belong to, even those say "if pregnant, please do not ride." I didnt think a local pool water slide could be dangerous
  • Options
    We went to Great Wolf Lodge the first time I was pregnant, right around 20 weeks.  The doctor said no to all of the slides.  I was bummed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am 17.5 weeks and I went to watermark 2 weeks ago. But I only rode the slides that used inner tubes. I wouldn't ride the others. They do have signs saying pregnant women can't ride but usually that is just to cover their own butts where you can't sue them if something happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"