Breastfeeding
Options

i think weaning is coming!

a hell of a lot sooner than i expected. she turned her head away last night, and this morning to the breast. i will continue to offer until i am dry. but i think this may be it. i knew the morning weaning was coming soon. she would nurse less and less, but dropping the evening nurse was a complete shocker to me.

if she does in fact wean, should i up her cheese and yogurt? (she doesn't drink WCM, and actually doesn't seem to like it.)

her diet has a butt load of veggies and fruit in it, her veggie pouches have yogurt in them, and she has one lil bowl of chopped up cheese each late morning. we give her chicken about 4 days a week, and she will get some whole grains. but i had read that young children can't process whole grains that well yet, so i have tried not to make it a huge part of her diet. but she does get pasta about once a day. she gains weight steadily and is 21lbs at 13 months (she was 8lbs 3oz at birth, and always gained slowly) and she has great poops and pees for her diapers. in fact she still goes through probably 12 a day. (which is close to when she was a new born)

oh, and she gets an infant/toddler vitamin mixed into her pouches (i make the purees/pouches myself)

IF she weans, is there anything i should start doing differently?

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"