September 2013 Moms
Options

Ergo carriers - Sport vs Original

Mobile Users: Ergo carriers - Sport vs Original 

I posted on the baby gear forum but thought I'd ask you ladies as well.

I am trying to decide between the Ergo Sport carrier or the original carrier. From the Ergo website I can only really tell that the sport carrier is a lightweight material and possibly better for taller parents - my husband is 6'3" while I am 5'4". Would the original carrier work for my husband being as tall as he is? I have the chance to buy either of these "used" - the original one being a little cheaper but the sport version was never actually used by the seller. Since it appears that both are in really good condition and can be washed I'm ok with saving some money and buying used. So my question is for those of you who have the Ergo, which one would you recommend?

Thanks! :)

Re: Ergo carriers - Sport vs Original

• Options
    I just have the regular. I love it and use it a ton. It is the plain black one but DH says its too girly and will not wear it. He did occasionally wear the Baby Bjorn when DS was really little.

Since the Sport is a little bit more structured looking, my DH maybe would've worn it, not sure.

So I'd probably ask your DH's opinion on what he would wear. Especially depending on what colors are being offered.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    EOB584EOB584 member
    Thanks Pockety - that's a good idea! The sport one is dark red and the orginial is black. I'll have to see what DH thinks about that. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the sport and I like it- my husband likes that it is just black and is happy to wear it too! I think that they are quite similar.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    214198214198 member
    I have the origional and loved it but my only complaint was that I often felt that DD would be too hot! It doesn't breathe at all and they are hugged so tight to your body so I would def go for the sport!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"