August 2012 Moms
Options

TV

How much do your kids watch and what do they watch? Since 6 months old they are allowed to watch one or two Baby Einsteins DVDs before night bottle. I'm going to ask ped when they can watch Sesame Street. She didn't really love them watching Einstein at 6 months. But they and us enjoyed it haha!

Re: TV

• Options
    All depends on the day.  Sometimes none, other days he watches maybe a couple shows throughout the day.  He has 2 DVDs that he will totally zone out to, those are reserved for babysitters or when he was sick and miserable.  He likes Yo Gabba Gabba and for some reason Peppa Pig, so sometimes during the day I put them on while he plays.  He doesn't watch intently, but it usually keeps him interested enough to give me. Break from moving him from the electrical cords every 2 seconds.
    image image
  • Options
    Our tv is on all day. Mostly on sprout. They don't really watch it that much but they like the background noise.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on during our breakfast and lunch times so we will put that on while we eat. DD LOVES Mickey! Other than that I try not to have the tv on. If it is, it's on Disney Jr during the day.

DBF likes to have the tv on all the timw for backround noise so if he's home all bets are off.
  • Options
    YGG once or twice a day, depending on when he naps. I EP, so if he's up when it's time for me to pump, DJ Lance babysits. I'm not worried about it. He's gotta eat and I don't have time for mastitis.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    I would say no more than an hour. I have cartoons on in the morning to preoccupy DS so I am get ready for work. We watch Wheel of Fortune during his breathing treatments but when the breathing treatment is over, I turn it off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    He watches Sesame Street on Netflix every morning, besides that the tv is off most of the day [we cancelled cable a few weeks ago].

Sesame Street is the only thing he'll actually watch. He loves Elmo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I put baby Einstein on for DS a couple of times during the day. It's mostly background noise for him and he only sits and watches the whole show maybe once before he starts playing with his toys.
  • Options
    SM0524SM0524 member
    The tv is on most of the time but DD pays no attention to it whatsoever. Occasionally she will glance at it when the weather is in but that's about it. She's gets watching the weathe from DH. He's obsessed!
  • Options

No TV.  Charlotte is our only so she isn't exposed to older siblings' favorite shows or anything like that.  In the morning we will sometimes have on the news or weather, or a Tigers baseball game on the weekends.  She doesn't watch - just glances over while playing.

We also do not have cable, so PBS would be her only "kids" channel option.  We do have Netflix and lots of kids movies, though, for when she's older! 

• Options
    No shows for her yet. I've had a lot of Wimbledon on this week while DD has been home sick but she doesn't really look at the TV. She has figure out how to change the channel and LOVES that but I think it's just the satisfaction of pressing a button and getting a reaction.

I think Sesame Street is fine. I don't know how much they'd take in at this age, which is why we're not trying kids shows yet, but I don't believe that limited TV hurts.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"