January 2014 Moms
Options

Yogi1012

I was reading the post about when teachers were going back after maternity leave and saw that you moved districts.  

How did they handle the fact that you were pregnant and when did you tell them?

I applied to a new district but I'm really nervous about changing districts while pregnant.  

Thanks!! 

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Yogi1012

• Options
    I haven't actually told the new district yet, but I am in a weird situation, because one of my current assistant principals just got the principal job at my new school, and I asked him what he thought about the situation. He told me that the pregnancy shouldn't change my decision. I think it was easy for him to say that because he doesn't have children and doesn't know how hard pregnancy can be. He also knows that I lost a full term baby last year, so I am sure he expected I would be pregnant again at some point. I really wouldn't have applied for the job if I knew I was pregnant, but found out after I interviewed but before they offered me the job.
    If you want the job, I would say tell them before you go to work in August, right before the orientation week. That is when I plan on telling HR. Some contracts in my state require you to announce the pregnancy before a certain week. Not sure of this helps!
  • Options

Thanks for your input!

That is really a tough spot.  I think your plan is great though.

And I'm so sorry about your loss. Major hugs to you.

Good luck in your new district.  Sounds like a smart move!!

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"