Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

toddler bed question

when I do switch ds, not sure what we should switch too! the smaller toddler day bed with the rails or a twin bed? I like the size of the day bed, but not sure if I would be spending more money in the long run when he grows out of it in a few years and have to get a twin anyways. what is everyone else doing? thanks!
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: toddler bed question

• We gave DD the full size in our guest room.  It belonged to DH and was super low so it was perfect.  She did pretty great in it.  I also loved have the full-size bed.  We could snuggle comfortably with her while we read stories and the rare nights that she work up crying one of us would sleep with her.  With DS we're considering putting him in the toddler bed that his crib converts into, just because.  After a while we'll give him DD's bed and get her a twin that she can make her own with cute bedsheets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLalaMama81:
    Just go straight to a twin or bigger. Toddler beds are I waste, I think.

I agree with this.  For my DD I just put a twin mattress on the floor, no boxspring an no frame.  If she accidently rolled off it was only a few inches.  This worked great because she is still using this bed.  I didn't feel a need to spend money on a toddler bed when she would only use it for a short time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestemms8810:

imageLalaMama81:

I agree with this.  For my DD I just put a twin mattress on the floor, no boxspring an no frame.  If she accidently rolled off it was only a few inches.  This worked great because she is still using this bed.  I didn't feel a need to spend money on a toddler bed when she would only use it for a short time.

This is our plan when the time comes.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched DS1 straight to a twin bed and will do the same with DS2.  No need to add an extra transition in my opinion.  (Our crib converts to toddler bed but we won't be using that feature.)
  • We plan to use the toddler bed our crib converts to.  If for some reason that doesn't work out then we'll put a twin on the floor.  I like the idea of going right to a full both for rolling around space and the option to sleep with her if needed but we'll see.
  • imageLalaMama81:
    Yep. We just did this with my 18 month old. We plan to TTC soon and didn't want to buy a toddler bed and eventually need another toddler mattress. He loves his BIG bed (and looks so tiny in it!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Toddler beds are a waste of money, go for the twin!
  • we are getting the conversion for our crib which makes it look like a mini bed (no tall side rails like a crib) and plan on her sleeping in that until she is 4.. if you think about it cribs mattresses are very long and they can sleep in that size until they are the length of the bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"