Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What's at your diaper Changing station?

I'm trying to stock up on things well need. I have diapers, wipes, and desitin. What else do I need!?!

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
      BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What's at your diaper Changing station?

• Options

Things that I have at or near our changing station:

Aquaphor and lotion

Nail clippers

Snot sucker of some sort

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options

Those are the essential basics, but I'd get a few extra things on hand in case of issues:  

Vaseline if you have a circ'ed boy or to help prevent a sticky mess if you are still dealing with meconium or need lube for rectal thermometer

I like Aquaphor ointment for regular use

Triple paste is great for stubborn rashes

OTC Antifungal cream like clotrimazole in the event of a yeast rash

Washcloths to keep little boys from peeing everywhere during changes.  This happens with girls too, so be ready with a towel.  

We got a munchkin diaper caddy and a waterproof fabric changing pad for our downstairs so we don't always have to run to the nursery to do diaper changes.

ETA spelling 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageho11yday:

Things that I have at or near our changing station:

Aquaphor and lotion

Nail clippers

Snot sucker of some sort

Definitly Aquafor ... I try to avoid the Desitin unless really necessary (pedi pointed out that if you have to wipe it off, will leave skin dryer & red; she reccomended using something that is mostly Petrolem Jelly/Vasoline)

Disposable changing pads (esp useful in the beginning with meconium)

Water proof fabric (PUL at fabric stores) to cover the actual changing pad (this goes under our disposable changing pad)

Oh and repurposed two diaper boxes after chopping off the top flaps. Wrapped em in Dollar Store gift wrap, one box has clean tops. The other has clean bottoms. Makes putting away LOs laundry easy (no folding necessary) and then the clothes are right there.

Also have box of blankets and burp cloths on there.

Used a wipes warmer from week 2 or 3 until she was about 2 months. Had family member buy it for us after LO was born since didn't need it at first.

Get 12 to 20 of the baby wash cloths. We keep them in a repurposed kleenex box. We aslo have some disposable dry wipes that we used a lot in the beginning.

Instead of nail clippers (clipped LOs finger rather than the nail), nail file. I would get either the tiny files that are disposable in a match book like set or one of those cushy ones that have 4 different textures for filing. In the beginning you'll be able to peel LOs nails. Stopped being able to do that at 3 or 4 weeks.

Scissors like what the paramedics have to cut off clothing (for the really big poopy messes)

Oh and our pedi discouraged using a rectal thermometer (they do under the arm or a reliable temporal scanner)

A good, thick hand lotion because you'll be washing your hands A LOT ... mine are now dry and leathery looking and they were not before LO.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a small caddy with diaper cream (we use Grandma Els), vitamin D drops, hair brush, hand sanitizer, baby lotion (CaBaby), and some Mustela No Rinse Cleanser (which is fantastic in the beginning so you can clean sour milk neck folds without having to give an actual bath).

I also had a snot sucker and saline drops in the beginning, but we don't use them anymore.  

The key with sticky cream like Desitin, to reply to PPs comment, is to leave it on the skin as a barrier as long as it will stay on and clean. Just pat any stool off of the cream area and only remove the cream down to the skin once a day. If you try to clean it all off every time you risk damaging the skin because it can take some force to scrub it al the way off.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't forget the hand sanitizer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    Thermometer and something to occupy LO when they get a little older.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options

Diapers (day and night)

Wipes 

Desitin - Only diaper rash cream we've used.  Love it.

Lotion

Snot-Sucker

Saline

Thermometer

and THIS.  It keeps her from "helping" change her diaper.

• Options
    Cotton rounds and Mustela PhysiObebe.   Love this stuff.  Sometimes you need a little something extra to clean baby, and this stuff is gentle and perfect.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"