Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower ideas

My cousin in law is a FTM her friends are giving her a fun friends shower and my aunt and I are planning a small shower for the family. This will be mostly women over 40. My question is, what are some good ideas to appeal to this crowd. Should we just keep it short and sweet? Or do games?

Re: Baby Shower ideas

• Options

Short and sweet. My cousin made some cool print outs like this:

https://pinterest.com/pin/148689225167319002/ (sorry no clicky)

and then on the other page it was where they would write their name and she printed out a picture of the person to glue on the page so the baby can look through it one day and see who it was. Then there was space where they could fill in their guesses of: 1. Birth weight 2. Labor time 3. Birth Length 4. Birth date 5. Hair Color 6. Eye Color, then had a place where they could write "advice for baby."

She then took the pages that people wrote on and put them in page protectors and then just into a 3 ring binder. 

I hope that makes sense. It was a very awesome idea that I plan to cherish forever. I think ladies love to give their advice and have a personal touch with the baby, this is a way to do so! 

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    Great idea! I wanted to do the baby advice thing, but this is adorable and easy! Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anytime! We didn't have any games because it did take people a little bit to think of their answers, but I think in the long run it will be a great item for baby to have because sadly, not all of the people will be around for her whole life. :( (We had my great gma, gma's, gpa's, etc at the shower so it is a sentimental gift for myself as well!!)
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    jencnhjencnh member
    I just hosted a shower for my daughter that is expecting. It was eating, and chatting, with dessert during gifts. No games. Skip the games! It was for the same age crowd. I don't think that the older (not that 40 is old) generations enjoy the games. I'm 41 and I eye roll the games! I did have a storybook for people to write a message, and I added some cute touches of decorating (ie. made a diaper cake, pink and white striped straws, a few framed pictures of the parents now and little, and ultrasound pic of the baby). It added some nice touches to look at, that everyone enjoyed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"