Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

DD Needs To Start Sleeping In Crib. Help!

Ok so DD#2 is almost 2 weeks old. Me, DD#1 and DD#2 share one room so I sleep in a twin sized bed....I had a repeat csection o sleeping isn't the most comfortable thing and of course my LO wants to sleep right in my arms! Its starting to really hurt :( She needs to start sleeping in her crib ASAP.but if she sleeps with me she will sleep for around 6-8 hours...in the crib she sleeps at best 15 minutes before she starts screaming her head off. DD#1 did the same thing and I didnt mind it much but at that time I had a king size bed in a house......IDK anybody have any advice? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD Needs To Start Sleeping In Crib. Help!

• Options

You can't force it. She will sleep in her crib when she is ready. Right now, do you have a cosleeper? Like A Summer Infant one can be put in the bed next to you so that baby can sleep there as opposed to on you. We never had a problem.

It will give you some space and baby more security. See if that might help. You can find some super cheap ones on amazon or ebay.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:

You can't force it. She will sleep in her crib when she is ready. Right now, do you have a cosleeper? Like A Summer Infant one can be put in the bed next to you so that baby can sleep there as opposed to on you. We never had a problem.

It will give you some space and baby more security. See if that might help. You can find some super cheap ones on amazon or ebay.  

I dont think my bed is big enough for a co-sleeper.... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about a Rock n Play sleeper? They work wonders...best baby product ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmos24kmos24 member
    My daughter was the same way. When she would take her naps, I would place her in the crib and just repeating when she would wake up crying. I even slept n the crib with her a few times to get her used to it.
  • Options

imageBanana_Pancakes09:
    What about a Rock n Play sleeper? They work wonders...best baby product ever.

I second this. I'd have paid $500 for one if I had to. My LO slept in my arms his first week and hated anything flat.

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    Sorry I have no advice. I placed my son in his crib from the get go. I did the same with DD and thankfully she loves it. But she wants to sleep on her belly
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When we brought DS home from the hospital, he slept in a "Snuggle Nest," which looks like a dog bed. We actually had it on the floor in the living room, and me and DH would take turns sleeping next to him on a bunch of blankets on the floor. This way, we would just put a hand on him, and he would feel secure knowing that we are close. Later on, we started to switch our hands for a glove full of rice after a few minutes...now, he sleeps in the crib, but we still sometimes put the rice glove on his chest, and it makes him sleep.

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"