Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When to move to crib?

My little man is going to be six weeks tomorrow. 

He's been sleeping in a PnP in our room since he came home. His room is downstairs. When do you think is a good time to transition to his crib? Should he be a certain age, or should we just move him once we are comfortable?

Re: When to move to crib?

• Options
    I think it just depends on what you are comfortable with. My baby is 4 weeks now and we share a room. She will be with me at least until she's a year old.
  • Options

Definitely once you are comfortable. LO has always slept in her own room, since we returned from the hospital. She only ever woke up to eat, and her snuffling and grunting kept me up when I did sleep in her room too, so after 2 weeks of it (after she was 3 weeks-we spent almosta week in the hospital)I moved to our room and haven't looked back. 

But, she also STTN basically since 5ish weeks and her room is literally 15 feet away.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It all depends on the baby IMHO. We never had good success for more than about 9 months with the crib and it was a battle all the way. Some babies just don't like it. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Both my babies slept in their cribs in their own rooms as soon as soon as we came home from the hospital. Worked for us!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with PPs. We moved DS when he was 6 weeks.  With DD, since she'll be sharing a room with DS, we're waiting til she is pretty much STTN. Plus I'm still nursing her at night, so it's just convenient to have her in our room. She'll be 2 months tomorrow (since my ticker still says I'm pregnant...)

It's up to you and what you and your SO feel comfortable with. 

• Options
    There is not right time, you should move him when you feel comfortable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"