Preemies

Throat congestion/reflux?

My 31 weeker came home from the hospital on June 17th after a month in the NICU.  She is doing very well and usually sleeps for 3 hour stretches in her crib overnight (which is in our room) but last night she would scream and cry whenever we put her in her crib.  She seemed to have gas, but also she sounded like she had mucus or phlegm in her throat that she couldn't clear.  I had asked her pediatrician at her appointment on Thursday because she has made that sound before, and the dr. said she could have a little bit of reflux and I could put some saline drops in her nose.  I tried that last night but it seemed like nothing helped.  Does anyone have any advice on how to clear it up?  Should I call the doctor?  She is sleeping peacefully now and eventually was fine in her crib (but not till 5am...)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
imageimage

Re: Throat congestion/reflux?

• tlk432tlk432 member

imageKTZ17:
    My 31 weeker came home from the hospital on June 17th after a month in the NICU.  She is doing very well and usually sleeps for 3 hour stretches in her crib overnight (which is in our room) but last night she would scream and cry whenever we put her in her crib.  She seemed to have gas, but also she sounded like she had mucus or phlegm in her throat that she couldn't clear.  I had asked her pediatrician at her appointment on Thursday because she has made that sound before, and the dr. said she could have a little bit of reflux and I could put some saline drops in her nose.  I tried that last night but it seemed like nothing helped.  Does anyone have any advice on how to clear it up?  Should I call the doctor?  She is sleeping peacefully now and eventually was fine in her crib (but not till 5am...)

I don't have much experience with this, but you could maybe try a humidifier in her room.  Or try to suck out the phlegm from her mouth with one of those suction bulbs. Good luck, sorry I couldn't be much more help.  I know it's frustrating not knowing how to fix what's wrong.

image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did you ever figure out what to do for them? I have the same issue with my baby and it's so frustrating not knowing what to do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"