Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Scared of his crib???

My son, for the last two weeks has been put to bed like normal in his crib. but around 3:30 or 4:00 every night he has been waking up crying. we tried to let him cry it out for about a week and he did okay. should i continue to let him cry it out. like for instance he will wake up.. ill grab him or give him his binky,  he will fall back a sleep and i will put him in his crib and as soon as i let go he starts to cry like a deep cry. i feel horibble.. should i just stick it out.. or try to get him a toddler bed..? he is only 16months old. so im afraid he will just wake up and get out of his bed.

Re: Scared of his crib???

• Could be seperation anxiety? Does he climb out if his crib now? If so, you might want to consider a toddler bed. If not, then if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If he doesn't climb out, then keep the crib. The waking and crying could be a phase, teething, milestone breakthrough, or a separation anxiety thing. It's so hard to say. Is LO napping regularly? Fussy during the day? Could be so many factors. Anything else seem off?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont think he's afraid of the crib sounds like more of separation anxiety or a sleep regression that happens around that age. crying it out may only make it worse...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"