C-sections
Options

XP: belly binding...is it too late?

So, I am kind of started to get stressed about the condition of my stomach.  I wanted to have a natural childbirth and thought I would be working out in a week and lose tons of weight breastfeeding.  Instead I got to go through labor and pushing drug free and ended up with a c-section anyway.  I had postpartum hypertension for 10 weeks and as my sister predicted from her experience, I am not in the group of women that lose weight breastfeeding, I am clinging to every pound.  My stomach is a shell of its former self - stretch marks, loose skin, extra pounds.  I really do not want to be a vain person, but it is getting a little depressing.  I know getting into a regular workout routine will (I hope) help, and tracking calories.  If I slept more that would help too...and help the working out/tracking...hard to do when exhausted but I need to anyway.  

I almost feel like my abs are pushing out in some ways.  I wish I had used a belly binder from the beginning, but I can't unring that bell.  So, my question is....has anyone had success in shrinking your belly down some at this late date with belly binding?  Is there one you would recommend or does it not matter?  I have a medela one from BRU.  I am 4.5 months pp.  Any other tips for getting my belly to shrink and getting my skin to tighten up please share.

Thanks ladies, DD better be glad she is cute :) 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: XP: belly binding...is it too late?

• Options
    Changing your diet and exercising would be more beneficial than a binder at this point. The binder shrinks the uterus back down, which I'm sure yours has already gone back to its size. Just because you had a c section doesn't mean you can't eat healthy and be active.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Changing your diet and exercising would be more beneficial than a binder at this point. The binder shrinks the uterus back down, which I'm sure yours has already gone back to its size. Just because you had a c section doesn't mean you can't eat healthy and be active.

I don't see where I said that it does?  I actually said the opposite if you would like to re-read.  I was asking about the binding for ab support, not weight loss. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesavannah_girl:
    imageally2011:

So, I am kind of started to get stressed about the condition of my stomach.  I wanted to have a natural childbirth and thought I would be working out in a week and lose tons of weight breastfeeding.  Instead I got to go through labor and pushing drug free and ended up with a c-section anyway.  I had postpartum hypertension for 10 weeks and as my sister predicted from her experience, I am not in the group of women that lose weight breastfeeding, I am clinging to every pound.  My stomach is a shell of its former self - stretch marks, loose skin, extra pounds.  I really do not want to be a vain person, but it is getting a little depressing.  I know getting into a regular workout routine will (I hope) help, and tracking calories.  If I slept more that would help too...and help the working out/tracking...hard to do when exhausted but I need to anyway.  

I almost feel like my abs are pushing out in some ways.  I wish I had used a belly binder from the beginning, but I can't unring that bell.  So, my question is....has anyone had success in shrinking your belly down some at this late date with belly binding?  Is there one you would recommend or does it not matter?  I have a medela one from BRU.  I am 4.5 months pp.  Any other tips for getting my belly to shrink and getting my skin to tighten up please share.

1: Even with a med free vaginal delivery, this is dangerous.

2: You may have diastasis recti. 

https://www.pregnancy-info.net/separated_muscles.html ( a great video on how to check)

If you do, after you are cleared for exercise, you can start planking to help correct that. 

That link did not work...and what do you mean "dangerous"?  I was totally cleared at my 6 week appointment and have exercised with no issue.  I thought it was probably from 9 months of not holding them in and them being all stretched out....? 

• Options
    imageTeacher Clark:
    imageally2011:
    imagesavannah_girl:
    imageally2011:

1: Even with a med free vaginal delivery, this is dangerous.

2: You may have diastasis recti. 

https://www.pregnancy-info.net/separated_muscles.html ( a great video on how to check)

If you do, after you are cleared for exercise, you can start planking to help correct that. 

That link did not work...and what do you mean "dangerous"?  I was totally cleared at my 6 week appointment and have exercised with no issue.  I thought it was probably from 9 months of not holding them in and them being all stretched out....? 

She meant that working out a week after any delivery can be dangerous. Most people don't just get up from a vaginal delivery and go for a run.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, did not see that part bolder. Thank you!

i found this good info tonight :

https://befitmom.com/abdominal_reconditioning.html

side note: a Facebook friend from high school went water skiing 2 weeks pp. sigh.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"