Stay at Home Moms
Options

***The NEW Bump goes Live on July 10th***

Just a reminder of what's in store, which you can see on The Knot and The Knot Mobile:

Here are some exciting highlights:

?         Receive notifications when members comment on a thread you originally posted, when you?ve been tagged in a thread, when you have earned a badge, when you receive a private message (and more!)

?         Tag other Bumpies in your posts (@BumpJackie) and they?ll receive notifications

?         Earn new badges for your community actions (more info coming)

?         Choose the best/most helpful response on a thread that you start

?         There will be a 3-day waiting period before new members can post

What is changing with Private Messaging?

?         More prominent spot on the main screen (no more searching for inbox), and you?ll receive notifications when you have a new message!

?         You can now message multiple users in one PM!

?         NOTE: ?OLD? PRIVATE MESSAGES IN YOUR INBOX WILL BE GOING AWAY on or around 7/12, so please save any information you may need from them!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: ***The NEW Bump goes Live on July 10th***

• Options
    Any word on the people with siggy issues?  I STILL can't update mine....2.5 years later.  Thanks.
  • Options
    ta78ta78 member

These changes sound great. I am assuming it will be notifications like fb. 

It took me like 20 tries to change my siggy, but it does work. Hit save a million times and just keep trying. 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCnAmom:
    How will the notifications work?

And any idea why PM doesn't work on my kindle fire?

I think it's going to be an email... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHav=Fath:
    imagelandosmommy:

imageCnAmom:
    How will the notifications work?

And any idea why PM doesn't work on my kindle fire?

I think it's going to be an email... 

No, I think they said that it would all be on thebump, no emails, just a notification on your bump page. 

Yes this. No more emails at all. Everything will happen here!

No one is having PM or siggy issues with the new format over on The Knot so hopefully, you all can update more easily. Sorry Seangirl what a PITA this has been for you huh?!? Ugh. Lets hope all will be good in a few weeks :

• Options

When logged in, choose "The Knot" tab at the very top of the page and click on community and choose a board. You can see exactly how it all will look.

In the upper right-hand corner, just below the "community" link you will see 4 icons.

World icon = notifications

Envelope = PMs/Inbox

Star = Bookmarks

Person silhouette = Account options **Click this to set all your viewing and other preferences like do you want an email anytime someone mentions you or a popup notification anytime you have a new PM? You can also set up your "ignore/block" list here and folding up quote trees (super awesome feature!) and set up your signature.

You should go on The Knot and play around with it. :)

• Options

Will it fix the fact that though I have a knot account and have logged into the bump and made an account numerous times, it still won't let me create a profile or a siggy or anything without taking me back to the log in page even though it says I'm already logged in?

I think the Bump just hates me.

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • Options

imageCnAmom:
    I went over there to check it out and I don't see any icons. Did I do something wrong?

I just checked, and I saw them. After you go to the knot, and then community, you have to actually open a specific (any specific) board to see them come up.  They were just a teeny bit under my profile pic. 

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    imagekelseyxjayne:
    Will it fix the fact that though I have a knot account and have logged into the bump and made an account numerous times, it still won't let me create a profile or a siggy or anything without taking me back to the log in page even though it says I'm already logged in?I think the Bump just hates me.

That's so frustrating, and common right now, BUT no one in The Knot thus far has had any of these issues. : Seems the new platform really works very well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"