July 2011 Moms

could this be allergies or just a cold?

LO honestly has seemed a little off for about a week now. Monday- Wed she didnt eat much but seemed to sleep well. Wed she woke up from about an hour nap and threw up clear mucous (which we think was maybe due to heat) and since has had a little cough most prominent today. She would cough and almost gag over mucous and sound as if she was going to throw up. We were on Vacation OOT Tuesday afternoon-this afternoon. Every once in a while she seems to have a little warm forehead so maybe low grade fever. She is also teething, fingers in mouth drooling the past week.

I just put her down to bed about an hour ago and she woke up and threw up mucous which looked mostly clear a little yellow.

Her nose seemed dry/stuffy but then this morning it was more runny

her breathing seems ok and I did do a neb txt this evening in hope to loosen up the mucous. 

I was debating on taking her to Dr when we got home this afternoon so they could check to see if maybe she has an ear infection and to listen to her chest.

I dont know what to do,.

Last night up about every 3 hours and she would cough and cry a little.

during the day she seems fine doing normal activities and talking ok. eating better now too.

I just looked up croup and I dont think she has that.

could this just be allergies or a virus?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: could this be allergies or just a cold?

• It sounds like it's mostly teething related. The yellow throw up sounds like it might have just been a little stomach bile. She could possibly have a little cold too. Honestly, go with your gut. If you think she needs to see the Dr. then I'd bring her in. You could wait it out over the weekend, and see how she's doing on Mon. It's up to you. 

Hope she feels better quickly.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • she slept pretty good last night after she threw up, and seems fine today with still a little cough, just put her down for a nap and she is coughing a little more but didnt wake her up yet. We will see how she is Monday.

She did have a BM today that seemed half normal and half a little greenish mucousy ..

• Loading the player...
  • If she's having any kind of fever it's not just allergies. Sounds like an upper respiratory issue, probably viral. If you're concerned you could still take her to the dr to get checked out. The change in her BM is from her swallowing that mucus.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • no more throwing up. still just a cough but not too bad. I have been doing the neb at night.  and listening to her breathing closely. She had bad respiratory viruses mid Dec and mid April. April one I had to rush her to ER for her breathing.

She had one BM today and it was diarrhea like.

• Sounds like a virus. With allergies, once you move indoors, the symptoms should decrease. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"