Stay at Home Moms

Intro

I posted a few months ago about how DH and I were thinking of me becoming a SAHM when our LO arrives. We are expecting our first, a baby girl. I am a music teacher, who was working almost an hour each way away. I had long hours/concerts/events and was sad about now being home very often. We made a budget on just DH salary, but were nervous to make such a change even though on paper it could work. 

Well, at 8 months pregnant I was just hired at a new school! Its 13 minutes away. It is a part time job, just once a week. It keeps me in the public school system for retirement, keeps my certification active and we will not need to pay for daycare (my mom will watch our baby girl.) I'm so relieved! Still nervous for the change our lifestyle will make now with a baby coming, but also with a different over all salary. We have no doubt this will be worth it's weight in gold though. :)  I plan on giving private lessons, and possibly subbing once and awhile but am so excited to be a mostly SAHM. 

I lurk a bit on the board but thought I should make an "official" intro. I hope that's okay! I can't wait to get to know you all a bit more. Let me know if you have any questions for me!  

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Intro

• Hi! I think this is awesome!! I was out with my baby for a year before a part time opportunity came along and my mom keeps him while I work, too. Best of both worlds. And think of the gas you will save compared to before. I think y'all will be just fine.
  • Hi, Welcome, We just moved out of Manhattan good luck with your SHAM-dom
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmmakins87:
    Hi, Welcome, We just moved out of Manhattan good luck with your SHAM-dom

We loved manhattan! We actually moved last year back "home" in upstate/central ny. Cost of living is so much better haha. Are you still in the NYC area? 

BabyFruit Ticker

VOTE on my Name List
  • imageBateaulover:
    Hi! I think this is awesome!! I was out with my baby for a year before a part time opportunity came along and my mom keeps him while I work, too. Best of both worlds. And think of the gas you will save compared to before. I think y'all will be just fine.

The gas was awful! Almost 6K a year. That combined with daycare costs if I went back to work there meant our cash was less than what I'll be making with this part time job. Granted, retirement is different but my DH has a great 401K. Crazy how things work out! 

BabyFruit Ticker

VOTE on my Name List
  • Welcome! That job sounds like a great opportunity! 
  • imageEmeraldeyed315:

imageEmmakins87:
    Hi, Welcome, We just moved out of Manhattan good luck with your SHAM-dom

We loved manhattan! We actually moved last year back "home" in upstate/central ny. Cost of living is so much better haha. Are you still in the NYC area? 

We are 25 miles from Manhattan in NJ, We love it there, but we are very happy with our new community. 

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • ta78ta78 member
    Welcome! That's so great everything worked out for the best.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"