High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Frustrated with GD

I feel like I am obsessing with trying to keep my numbers down and it just isn't working... at least not my fasting or lunch numbers. I am on insulin and they just upped my dosage again yesterday.

Today for lunch I had:

6 oz grilled chicken

1 cup steamed veggies (cabbage, carrots, and broccolli)

2/3 cup brown brice

with 16 oz of water. 

Followed by a 2 mile walk. I took my insulin with the start of my meal as my dietician recommended and when I took my blood sugar it was 208!

1 hr after breakfast I was at 98. I had whole wheat toast and natural pb for a snack. I eat every 2.5 hours.

This was already on top of waking up with a fasting number of 108 (which was lower than my previous ones before they upped my dosage but still high.) 

I just feel like I am busting my butt and nothing is working. I emailed my dietician and I am just waiting from a response. Anyone else having a hard time?

BabyName Ticker

Re: Frustrated with GD

• Options
    hugs sorry your having a hard time it sucks I have been having issues with my fasting ( overnight blood sugars and it doesn't matter what I eat my doctor said it is because my body is working overtime and soon it will normalize once baby is born I am 37 weeks pregnant and just waiting for baby to come out
  • Options
    I've had my insulin increased. Can't control my fasting numbers. This is helping but I have a feeling well increase again shortly.
    So sorry you're having a hard time!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you gals, its hard at times but its nice knowing I am not in it alone. These support groups can really be what you need to get through this. It's hard to try to talk to people who aren't going through it. Those fasting numbers are a pain. I want to get them under control because I really don't want to be induced.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I have had a hard time with lunch numbers too. 

I usually eat 2 cups of strawberries and one greek yogurt (unsweetened - 2% Fage). With 15 carbs of crackers. 

I have had luck with that.

Just keep trying things and see if it works.

Also - it might be the walk. Sometimes exercise lowers my numbers, sometimes it makes them go up (causes my body to release sugar). My GD counselor sugested I only do 30 minutes of walking.

I would just keep experimenting.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    imagecinderin:

I have had a hard time with lunch numbers too. 

I usually eat 2 cups of strawberries and one greek yogurt (unsweetened - 2% Fage). With 15 carbs of crackers. 

I have had luck with that.

Just keep trying things and see if it works.

Also - it might be the walk. Sometimes exercise lowers my numbers, sometimes it makes them go up (causes my body to release sugar). My GD counselor sugested I only do 30 minutes of walking.

I would just keep experimenting.  

I never considered the walking being the issue, I walk a lot assuming it would lower my numbers. I know my dietician told me not to go below the carbs she outlined on my diet. This is just frustrating. I can't wait for the next 2 months when this GD will hopefully be gone for good! Thank you ladies you really are a huge help!

BabyName Ticker
  • Options

When I was pg my insulin had to be increased almost every week. Just as you start to "adjust" the hormones change and its like starting all over sometimes. I had crazy high amounts of insulin towards the end of my pg.

Definitely talk with your team of doctors! Hope they can help soon!

imageimage
  • Options
    Any rice, even a 1 tbsp. would have sent my #s up with my daughter. GD makes no sense sometimes.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options

I have found I just can't eat some foods even if they are within my carb range. Brown rice is one of them. So is oatmeal, much to my dismay.

Hang in there and see what your dietician recommends.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

GD can be VERY frustrating.

Even controlling my diet extremely finely didn't help my fasting numbers, or my pre lunch numbers, so I ended up on insulin (after trying Metformin and getting no where) and my physicians advice was that any time my numbers go up, just increase my insulin dosage. Even if that means a high dosage. In her words, "baby cares about the BS numbers, not the insulin dosage numbers" 

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"