Two Under 2

How soon did u show with #2?

Hey ladies! I'll be joining the "2 under 2" early next year. I havent told my boss or anybody at work yet, and I'm wondering how long I can keep it a secret. Its very early on in this pregnancy, but I've heard that you tend to show sooner with your 2nd, 3rd (and so on) pregnancies. Is there any truth to this?

How much sooner did you start showing with your 2nd? Thanks Ladies Smile

Blessed with our beautiful girl May 30/2012 - BFP June 20th/2013 - Naturally MC June 30th/13.

BFP Aug 1/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How soon did u show with #2?

• I will say I had HORRIBLE bloat at first this time like couldn't button my pants bad. but I started actually showing at about 15 or 16 weeks versus 20 to 22 my first pregnancy. Granted, my 2 will be 12 mos apart and my body wasn't necessarily back to "normal" yet.
    imageimage
  • I just started to show a little this week so 14 weeks. but like pp I had not lost the baby weight from DS either..... not sure if that makes a difference. With him, I didn't show until 5 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    I would say 4-6 weeks earlier.  I didn't really show until 18 weeks with #1....with #2 it was 12-14 weeks.  I could not hide it from my coworkers for very long.  I told my boss at 11 weeks.  But I am a very small person with a short torso so each time I was pregnant I felt it was pretty obvious
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Honestly, I think it took me longer to show with #2. I know I was in normal clothes longer. That surprised me because I was only 5 months post-partum when I got pregnant again. I didn't bloat as much this time around, and my weight gain overall has been lower. When I compare pictures, I'm pretty certain that I was bigger with DD than I am now. I think each woman is different in this category...
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Around 12 weeks you could tell something was going on with me. Women who have had children could tell, others couldn't. Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebookworm982:
    Honestly, I think it took me longer to show with #2. I know I was in normal clothes longer. That surprised me because I was only 5 months post-partum when I got pregnant again. I didn't bloat as much this time around, and my weight gain overall has been lower. When I compare pictures, I'm pretty certain that I was bigger with DD than I am now. I think each woman is different in this category...

This is exactly my experience. I expected to show earlier since I was 9 months post partum, but I didn't have a noticeable bump until 22-24 weeks, with dd I was easily showing by 16-18 weeks. I've also had a much smaller bump this pregnancy, these two girls have just carried very differently.

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The bloat was so bad with my second pregnancy that I was in maternity clothes by 6 weeks and had strangers asking my when I was due by 9 weeks. There was no way I could have hidden my second pregnancy. I was able to hide my first pregnancy until 16 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found out I was pregnant when I was 4 months PP, so I still had about 5lbs to lose before hitting my pre-pregnancy weight.. I FELT like I showed way earlier.. definitely by 12 weeks.. I was wearing maternity clothes by 8 weeks, but again, probably due to still having a little bit of weight that I hadn't lost...

Looking at my weight distribution now at ~36w pregnant.. I feel like I look just as big as I did last time, but I've gained much less!  Last pregnancy I gained almost 40lbs by the time I delivered (12lb of that was in the last 10 days due to pre-e and swelling though..).  This time I've only gained ~16-17lbs.  Even if you tack on the 5 I still had to go, I've still gained significantly less than I did last time.  

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Practically the second I got pregnant. Kidding, but I started showing right away. I waited until after my 12 week NT scan to tell my boss, but people at work had already started noticing and whispering. By about 9 or 10 weeks, I was barely fitting into my jeans even with the button undone and was desperately searching my closet for loosely-fitting shirts.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still haven't had a single stranger or even work colleague who I haven't explicitly told I am pregnant ask me if I am pregnant.  I am 27 weeks along, and our daughter is 16 months old.  It is so different for every person!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"